In partnership with the 10th Mountain Division Foundation, this scholarship program awards active and non-active military PSIA-AASI members and non-PSIA-AASI members with an education opportunity that supports veterans as they transition to and pursue a career pathway in the outdoor industry during the 2019-20 season. This scholarship will help individuals help offset expenses, obtain membership with either PSIA-AASI or National Ski Patrol (NSP), and education tracks from either PSIA-AASI or NSP.
How to Apply
- Review the application criteria that must be met.
- Review the materials you need to create and submit this scholarship.
- Submit your application and materials by, or before, Friday, Dec. 20, 2019.
- Apply now.
- The deadline to submit is Friday, Dec. 20, 2019.
- Scholarships will be announced on Friday, Jan. 17, 2020.
- Prep clinic and exam fees
- Up to $250 for travel expense
- Up to $100 for education resource materials expense
- One full year of 2019-2020 membership dues to organization of your choice (PSIA-AASI or NSP)
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Active military -OR- reserve military (served three years, honorably discharged, or reserve)
- PSIA-AASI member -OR- Non-PSIA-AASI member
- Have an interest in working in the outdoor industry as an instructor or patroller.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Express interest in pursuing PSIA-AASI Level I certification (in adaptive, alpine, cross country, snowboard, or telemark) or pursuing a specialist designation (in children’s or freestyle). – OR – express interest in pursuing certification in NSP’s Outdoor Emergency Care or Outdoor First Care.-
Applicants must submit and upload:
- A service record – DD-214
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the scholarship. Include why you’re applying and include additional information the Review Committee should know about you that meets the application criteria, your education pursuits and/or accomplishments, current career accomplishments, and additional professional goals.
- A professional resume that includes relevant education and experience.
- An education plan and timeline that includes details about specific PSIA-AASI or NSP clinics/events and/or exam you wish to attend and how attending them supports your education goal.
- One letter of recommendation.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, Dec. 20, 2019
Scholarships Announced: Friday, Jan. 17, 2020
Give a Gift
Help active and non-active military members gain access to education events hosted by education leaders, such the PSIA-AASI National Team, by giving a gift online, or learn more about PSIA-AASI’s Education Foundation.
To give a gift by mail, please send a check or money order made out to the PSIA-AASI Education Foundation to: 133 S. Van Gordon St. Suite 200 Lakewood, CO 80228. Please indicate your gift is for the Veteran Workforce and Education Track Scholarships.