This scholarship program awards members and non-members with funds to pursue a certification or specialist education track. These scholarships help offset expenses related to preparing for and attending a certification or specialist credential during the 2019-20 season. This scholarship will help individuals become a better teacher by pursuing education to help them achieve the standard for personal performance, teaching, professional knowledge, and technical skiing and riding skills. Recipients can also deepen their knowledge base by attending an event to improve their skiing, riding and teaching by participating in education events and clinics taught by extraordinary clinicians
How to Apply
- Review scholarship funding.
- Review the application criteria that must be met.
- Review the materials you need to create and submit for each scholarship.
- Submit your application and materials by, or before, Friday, Dec. 20, 2019.
- Apply now.
- The deadline to submit is Friday, Dec. 20, 2019.
- Scholarships will be announced on Friday, Jan. 17, 2020.
- Specialist or certification exam fee.
- Up to $250 for travel expense.
- Up to $100 for education resource materials expense.
- One full season of PSIA-AASI membership dues during the 2019-2020 season (only if applicable in some cases when individual applying is not a current member).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member of PSIA-AASI
- Be a non-member and have an interest in working as an instructor
- Demonstrate leadership qualities in PSIA-AASI and/or another industry.
- Express interest in pursuing any level certification (in adaptive, alpine, cross country, snowboard, or telemark) or pursuing a specialist designation (in children’s or freestyle).
Applicants must submit and upload:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the scholarship. Include why you’re applying for either the certification or specialist education track. Include additional information the Review Committee should know about you that meets the application criteria, and your education pursuits and/or accomplishments, current career accomplishments, and additional professional goals.
- An education plan and timeline that include details about specific clinics/events and/or exam you wish to attend and how attending them supports your certification or specialist goal.
- A professional resume that includes relevant education and experience.
- One letter of recommendation.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, Dec. 20, 2019
Scholarships Announced: Friday, Jan. 17, 2020
Give a Gift
Help give emerging leaders opportunities to grow through attending educational events and other experiences which can be career- and life-changing, by giving a gift online, or learn more about PSIA-AASI’s Education Foundation.
To donate by mail, please send a check or money order made out to the PSIA-AASI Education Foundation to: 133 S. Van Gordon St. Suite 200 Lakewood, CO 80228. Please indicate your donation is for the Certification or Specialist Education Track Scholarship.