PSIA-AASI Western Division
Interim Operations and Administration Director
The Professional Ski Instructors of America and American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA-AASI) Western Division is seeking to hire an Interim Operations and Administration Director, who is an experienced leader and can manage our organization this coming winter season while the Transition Taskforce conducts a more extensive evaluation and search regarding the association’s leadership needs.
The primary role of the Interim Operations and Administration Director is to maintain the operational function and financial stability of the PSIA-AASI Western Division in the 2021-22 season.
We are searching for a leader who is familiar with managing an association with operational and governance experience. Ideally possessing at least 10 years of leadership and management experience in snowsports or similar industry. The Western Division seeks a leader that exhibits:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with an ability to connect with multiple levels of individuals in an organization, from our members to resort and industry leaders.
- A good understanding of the snowsports industry and how our members and member schools stay engaged with the industry.
- Excellent innovation skills, with an ability to manage dynamic alterations to operating plans amid constraints created by COVID-19.
- Strong self-reliance to make critical operational decisions.
- A good understanding of the needs of each of the ski and snowboard disciplines.
- An ability to distribute information appropriately to different levels in the organization from our membership, staff, and board.
Key Tasks Include:
- Making sure educational and certification events are available and adequate.
- Maintain our marketing communications so they remain current, and messaging is timely and informative to our membership.
- Collaborate with the national organization of PSIA-AASI to manage database and digital needs specific to membership and event management.
- Collaborate with the national organization of PSIA-AASI to ensure the division finances remain in good standing, i.e., timely bill payment and payroll compliance in the California/Nevada marketplace.
Click here to view the detailed job description.