Website Alyeska Resort
Snowsports School Manager
The Snowsports School Manager is responsible for creating a welcoming first and last impression for our guest and staff. This is achieved through the focus on the employee experience, teamwork, communication and attention to operational details. The Snowsports School Manager reports directly to the Director of Skier Services.
Specific Focuses include:
- Leadership management and development of teams at two Snowsports School resort locations
- Operational design of the Snowsports School
- Manage growth and expenses of all programs
- Develop operating budgets including revenue & expense oversight & forecasting
- Oversight of the Training Program
- Development of Snowsports School products & services
- Communication and interaction with guests
- Safety performance.
- Will oversee daily instructor scheduling in conjunction with On Snow Supervisors to insure proper daily staffing.
The Snowsports School Manager will work with the Mountain Executive Assistant to ensure all payroll, workers compensation, incident reports, disciplinary procedures, hiring and separating procedures and all other administrative functions are managed efficiently and timely.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Coach and counsel supervisors and pros. Complete mid- year and seasons end manager and supervisor performance appraisals.
- Implements and hold staff accountable to both Snowsports School & company policies and procedures.
- Ensure supervisory staff is effectively controlling instructor staffing levels in order to ensure the highest quality of guest service that can be provided.
- Resolve guest complaints by utilizing guest service guidelines. Accommodate special requests when appropriate.
- Communicate with other departments to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit our staff and guests.
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the maintenance of daily supplies and program tools for on snow and inside set up.
- Other duties as assigned
- The ability to think creatively to implement new initiatives.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo in snowsports school operations
- Can assess results of decision making by looking at pros/cons of decisions with the benefits to guests and staff.
- PSIA/AASI Level 2 certification or equivalent
- Minimum of five years working experience in an Ski & Snowboard School
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience
- Must have excellent guest service and communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
Alaska is truly the Last Frontier and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play even harder, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm of the mountain lifestyle with our guests.
Alyeska Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of Alaska and is a world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to fat tire biking, Nordic skiing and our Nordic Spa. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential Alaska ski town.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- New Employee Housing
- New Employee wage structure
- Monthly Commuter’s allowance
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and Nordic Spa
Come join the Alyeska Resort team where you’ll instantly feel at home. Experience Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
To apply for this job please visit www.alyeskaresort.com.