Website Arizona Snowbowl
Ski and Snowboard School Manager
The Ski and Ride School Manager position is a full-time seasonal salaried position. This includes health and dental insurance, 401k, and bonus potential.
Purpose of the position:
Ski and Ride School Manager oversees and is responsible for the overall guest experience of the Ski and Ride School (SRS) at The Arizona Snowbowl. Ski school desk and ski and snowboard line-ups. Participate in the selection and maintenance of the employment process: hiring, monitoring, disciplining and evaluation processes. To provide safe, professional, competent, and fun instruction of skiing and/or snowboarding at The Arizona Snowbowl. Teach skills and techniques in a clear concise manner per the department’s policies and progressions. Ability to function well under pressure, treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position and accept responsibility for own actions.
Lead and Develop our Ski and Snowboard School staff and monitor the quality of our overall Ski and Ride School experience to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with company values, resort goals, financial success, through enhancements to current and the development of future products and programs. Promote a fun safe environment for employees and guests.
- Lead the SRS team in recruiting, hiring efforts, professional development of all employees and direct oversight of SRS adult & children’s programs.
- Provide feedback and connect employees with appropriate training, growth and leadership opportunities.
- Financial management of all operations, including budget, operating expenses, payroll, and revenue through product development and performance.
- Track, monitor, and analyze labor to revenue. Know where the SRS stands financially as part of overall company performance.
- Oversee information presented on SRS landing pages at snowbowl.ski
- Monitor Guest Research scores / feedback and act upon them.
- Work with Leadership across departments to support and achieve quality, financial, and safety targets.
- Provide guidance for training to create and implement a plan and monitor the quality of training.
- Communicate effectively across departments to ensure staff training matches the intended outcomes and program coordination is smooth with all operating groups.
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including MSDS standards, universal precautions, child abuse guidelines, temporary background checks, emergency evacuation and lightning procedures.
- Know and model the school teaching system and guest service guidelines and be prepared to lead clinics and teach the public when necessary.
- Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations including ISIA, PSIA-AASI.
- Promote and emphasize safety in all classes.
- Maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.
- Wear assigned uniform jacket with solid black snow pants. Uniforms must be clean with accessories and name tags appropriate for ski and snowboard professionals.
- Understand and adhere to all Ski & Snowboard School policies and procedures.
- Understand and oversee instructor daily paperwork.
- Work with the Ski & Ride Director and co-manager(s) to provide seamless Guest service to all Ski & Ride School customers .
- Effectively deal with Guest concerns and questions.
- Possess the ability to physically and verbally communicate the tasks and skills Carry out all job related tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- 3 years as a full-time ski/snowboard instructor or supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years in the industry.
- Previous experience of managing a minimum of 100 people preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- PSIA-AASI Member in Good Standing (Level III Preferred).
- Ability to physically spend a full day on skis/snowboard in any type of weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Snow shoveling as required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org