Website Mt. Hood Meadows
Ski & Snowboard School Instructor
Location: Mt. Hood Meadows, Mt. Hood, Oregon – www.skihood.com
Type of Job: Full Time / Part Time, Hourly, Mid-October to late-April
Range: $16.75 – $26.50 plus bonus pay for teaching hours DOE / PSIA-AASI Certifications
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023.
Teach during the Spring Season at Mt. Hood Meadows – Your Mountain Home
Come join us for the Spring Season, open until April 29, 2023. We are one of the largest, family owned, independent resorts in the country with one of the longest seasons in North America amassing 400+ inches of natural annual snowfall. We are Oregon’s largest snowsports school with a staff of 80+ full timers and 300+ part time instructors with a strong commitment to professional development and large training budget.
Despite our size we still have a “family vibe” like nowhere else. Our team of 12 supervisors, 2 managers and a director have an overall goal to enrich the lives of our team and guests while teaching skiing and snowboarding.
We are proud of our sustainable operation under the same private ownership since 1968 and we are one of Oregon’s Top 100 companies to work for. All company after-tax profits are reinvested into the resort – we call this the perpetual stoke model with a “team first” approach. Be assured you are part of something very special and unique to Mt. Hood.
Competitive wages that meet or exceed NSAA wage averages, limited employee shared-room housing is available, free dependent passes, extremely generous food and retail discounts, discounted Indy Pass access for team members and regional resort exchange program to ski/ride at other resorts for free, plus a whole lot more.
Mt. Hood Meadows is located 35 miles south of world-renowned Hood River, Oregon on the east side of the mountain and 40 miles east of Sandy, Oregon on the west side with multiple employee shuttles running daily not to mention the best terrain and snow on Mt. Hood. Portland, Oregon, the state’s largest city, is also close by for your urban escapes and “big city” services, plus the Oregon Coast is also an easy outing on your days off.
About the Spring Season & teaching at Mt. Hood Meadows
- We have positions for both Part Time and Full Time Instructors
- Limited employee housing available starting mid-March
- You’re an experienced instructor current in PSIA-AASI teaching methodologies and best practices regarding People Skills, Teaching Skills and Technical Skills
- You love teaching skiing and/or snowboarding
- You are comfortable working with adult and youth lesson students in a dynamic environment.
- You’re friendly, approachable, and passionate about creating a peak day experience for your co-workers, guests and self.
- You love skiing or snowboarding in all kinds of conditions – we have over 400” of annual snowfall with one of the longest seasons in North America
- Wage match at 90% to 110% of NSAA survey
- Wage advancement via skill development and PSIA-AASI Certification
- 100% PSIA-AASI Membership Dues reimbursement for Full Time instructors
- Generous Scholarship Program for continuing education to attend PSIA-AASI events
- FREE Dependent passes and Buddy Passes for friends
- Generous 401k plan eligibility at 500 hours within calendar year
- Overtime paid at 40 hours
- 70% off Food Discount, 20% off retail
- Great work environment
Apply today to be part of our team!
If you’d like more information about any of these positions or working at Mt. Hood Meadows, please contact Tyler Barnes, Director of the Meadows Learning Center, PSIA-NW Alpine Examiner, PSIA-NW Technical Team Member via email at
Education Required: High School Diploma / GED
Check the website for other current openings here:
To apply for this job please visit www.skihood.com.