Website Mount Sunapee
Ski & Snowboard Race Coach at Mount Sunapee
Our Vision: To help guide the development of the athlete in all areas of their lives.
Our Mission: To inspire a passion for snow sports in our young athletes and to help them reach their potential as athletes. We encourage them to be good, responsible citizens and develop a strong sense of sportsmanship.
Our Values: U.S. Ski & Snowboard values: excellence, grit, passion, integrity, community, fun and team.
Mount Sunapee is searching for Alpine, Snowboard and Freestyle coaches for our competitive and development programs to support our ever growing programs. Our season runs from late November through the end of March.
We are looking for team players with excellent communication skills. Prior coaching and/or racing experience is preferred. All candidates must meet U.S. Ski & Snowboard’s requirements for youth coaches. Candidates should hold a current U.S. Ski & Snowboard coaching certification (Level 100 or higher) or be willing to obtain such certification during the 23/24 season.
- Provide quality ski race and freestyle instruction to groups and individuals
- Create a fun environment that is conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Encourage student enthusiasm for skiing, the learning process, and the further development of functional skiing skills
- Uphold the highest level of guest safety on varied terrain with varying winter weather conditions
- Follow The Resort’s etiquette guidelines while interacting with guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, professional manner. Maintain positive relations with students, parents, visitors, and the general public at all times.
- Attend all required training, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company.
- Attaining continued certification education
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving personal skiing and teaching abilities through attendance of supplementary training.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Previous racing and/or coaching experience and a love of the sport
- Must be able to complete required training upon hire
- Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting, kneeling
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must have Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons for employees
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Interested candidates should contact either Jill Firstbrook at or Marc Bourgoin at .
To apply for this job please visit www.mountsunapee.com.