Instructing or assisting with the instruction of beginning, intermediate, and advanced participants. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and outgoing with a strong passion for snow sports instruction and snow sports culture.
- Teach skiing or snowboarding from beginner to expert
- Provide a safe learning environment for students
- Attend clinics for instructors
- Ability to teach a variety of lessons such as:
- Groups ages 2 & up
- Seasonal Programs
- Assist in preparation of learning areas
- Learn the lift procedures
- Being outdoors in winter conditions for 6 plus hours daily
- Assist with the registration process and checkout; Assist with lunchtime duties
- Assist with carpets
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (state minimum required and preferred)
Education: High School diploma preferred but not required
Experience: Skiing/Riding experience and previous teaching experiences a plus but not required.
Ski or Snowboard experience not required, but recommended
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Skiing/Snowboarding skills (recommended)
- Superior customer service skills
- Outgoing, with excellent communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires working weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc…
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit alterra.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.