Website Stowe Mountain Resort
Ski and Ride School Support Staff
Summary of Job:
The Ski and Snowboard School Support Staff is responsible for many aspects of the day-to-day operations in the Ski and Ride School. Staff members will be responsible for the image, appearance, and functionality of indoor facilities and outdoor teaching areas, including daily set up and tear down, lunch service, and assistance with check-in and check-out procedures of child students. Staff members will also spend time with small children performing indoor activities, assisting in ski school classes and helping to motivate children when necessary. On-hill skiing and riding with students and classes alongside Ski Instructors may take place if the candidate is interested and the need is there.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Working with small children to facilitate appropriate games and activities in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Assist with ski school classes as necessary.
- Assist with daily check-in and check-out of students
- Daily set up and tear down of outdoor teaching areas with an emphasis on attention to detail to present an area that is sharp, professional in appearance, and consistently set up to optimally utilize teaching terrain and teaching tools within the area.
- Daily set up and tear down of indoor facilities with an emphasis on attention to detail to present an area that is clean, orderly, welcoming, and conducive to operating efficiently.
- Ability to keep and maintain a clean and orderly facility that accommodates daily high-volume guest flow.
Other Duties as assigned
- Experience in a fast paced, service-based environment
- Experience working with children
- Basic computer Skills
· Fluent in all aspects of English language · Ability to work outdoors in a high alpine environment for extended periods
· Must be able to work weekends and holidays
· Strong communication skills with a wide variety of guests and employees
· Pass background check
· Intermediate to advanced Skier/Snowboarder
· Willing to complete a modified basic training for ski/snowboard pros
- Experience working with/teaching children
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Indoor/Outdoor: Work will include indoor activity as well as outdoor work in all weather Hazardous Materials/Noise: N/A Equipment Used in Job: Holidays/Weekends/Evenings: Must be able to work weekends and holidays Other:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.