Website Mt. Washington Valley Adaptive Sports
Mt. Washington Valley Adaptive Sports (MWVAS) is a growing community-based
adaptive sports organization in the Mt Washington Valley area of New Hampshire. As
Program Director, you have an opportunity to grow and sustain programming
opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. The Mt. Washington Valley area is
famed for its rugged, natural beauty and outdoor recreation opportunities. As a key team
member of MWVAS, you can help ensure that everyone has access to outdoor
recreation. Come work and play in one of the country’s most beautiful recreation
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) of Mt. Washington Valley Adaptive Sports
(MWVAS), and in collaboration with the ED and Board of Directors, the Winter
Program Director oversees, identifies, evaluates and implements all aspects of
adaptive sport and recreation programming for their designated site(s), This
position requires adherence to fiscal, ethical, legal, and best practice standards.
- Create and implement programming following industry best practices
- Manage lesson/activity scheduling as well as coordinating daily participant and volunteer assignments
- Orient, train, and supervise volunteers
- Educate and ensure adherence to guidelines, policies and procedures
- Professionally interface with participants, family members, and caregivers
- Oversee participant evaluation to ensure goals and needs are met
- Maintain equipment, tools, and apparel inventory based upon year of purchase and function, and quality
- Determine purchase needs based on student requirements, current inventory, and budget
- Regularly communicate to the MWVAS Executive Director and Board of Directors pertinent program information including, but not limited to: expenses, income, donations, incidents, participant and volunteer concerns, etc.
- Maintain accurate and updated records on all participants and volunteers
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to verbal, electronic, or written
- Ensure that lesson documentation complies with all policy and procedures of
the MWVAS organization and associated partner organizations, including, but
not limited to; Move United, Attitash Mountain and Wildcat Mountain, and
other host facilities.
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly statistical reports based on lessons, revenue, and costs generated by each program and submit them to the Board of Directors in a timely fashion.
- Compile programming data associated with any reporting requirements for grants applied for and/or awarded.
- Fully support and model the mission, vision, values and philosophy of MWVAS.
- Adhere to all policies, systems, safety requirements, and procedures of MWVAS.
- Present oneself in a professional manner with current and potential community contacts.
- Engage in regular, respectful communication with the MWVAS board.
- Be professional and respectful of the organization to all staff, volunteers, participants, family members, employees at host locations, and donors
- Participate in MWVAS board meetings as requested.
- Interface with resort management on program operation.
- Provide expertise in disability awareness to the host resort(s) and public
- 2-3 years’ experience in adaptive snow sports
- 2-3 years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities
- 1-2 years’ experience in non-profit program management
- Basic proficiency in Excel; Word; Google
- Preferred: Adaptive PSIA Certification
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field
- The employee is responsible for acquiring transportation to/from the identified
- Much of the work is outdoors, which means exposure to cold in the winter and
heat in summer. Duties may require the employee to be outside during adverse
- Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this role
with reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations will be
evaluated on an individual basis and depend, in part, on the specific
requirements for the job, limitations related to the disability and the potential of
MWVAS to accommodate the limitation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.mwvas.org.