Website Heavenly Mountain Resort
Level III Ski or Snowboard Instructor
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you’ll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Skill Level: Certified Level III
- Starting Wage: $27 / hour plus performance incentives
- Shift Availability: Full Time and Part Time
We are looking for certified ski/snowboard instructors to come and work in the California sunshine for the season. Our level 3 instructors teach all levels of skiers/riders, children and adults, group and private lessons all in a fun, safe and engaging environment. We offer a sunny and relaxed environment with (usually) copious amounts of snow, the season typically starts at the end of November and runs through the middle of April. Our guests come from all over California, the US, Central and South America with all the diversity that brings. You will be working with an equally diverse group of people from all over the world. We would love you to come and share your passion for the mountains, skiing/riding and providing “an experience of a lifetime” with all our guests.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest quality of ski/snowboard instruction to guests of all ages based on guests individual needs and experience level in a safe and engaging manner.
- Uphold all Vail Resorts vision, mission and values, company and department specific policies, procedures and instructions.
- Arrive fit for work and take responsibility for your personal health and safety as well as adhere to all Vail Resorts’ safety policies including wearing an approved Snowsports helmet whilst teaching.
- Pursue ongoing professional training and development and maintain currency in qualification to provide high-level guest service and a safe and positive snow experience.
- Communicate clearly in a respectful and enthusiastic manner using language appropriate to our guests.
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work in full uniform with an enthusiastic attitude in all weather conditions.
- Demonstrate proactive and positive communication when engaging with the supervisory team, have an attitude that is cooperative and supportive to facilitate teamwork and cooperation.
- Be willing to step in and help out throughout the guests experience while in the Ski and Ride School including; check in, rentals, meeting and greeting guests at line up.
- Be willing to step in and help out anywhere around the resort that needs your help and support.
- High school or equivalent education.
- Experience teaching skiing/riding.
- Current PSIA-AASI level III certification.
- Basic computer knowledge to check your schedule, enter your time etc.
- Must be fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Must be willing to work with guests of all ages including children.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends.
- Must work well in a team.
- Experience working with children.
- Knowledge of Heavenly.
- The ability to speak Spanish.
- The ability to teach another discipline (skiing or snowboarding).
The budgeted range starts at $27 + performance incentives. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.