Website Palisades Tahoe Kids Ski School
Kids Ski Instructor All Certification Levels
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Assures customer satisfaction with safe, friendly and efficient service.
- Provides exceptional guest service in a group ski lesson through personable use of modern teaching techniques.
- Instructs and educates guest ages 3-13 in skiing and/or snowboarding, using modern teaching techniques. May also instruct adults.
- Maintains an environment of safety, fun and learning.
- Clarify customer’s expectations and goals at the beginning of each lesson.
- Provides individual or group instruction on skiing.
- Analyzes problems and resolves them in a positive and safe manner.
- Selects appropriate terrain for skills being developed.
- Use effective pacing that is appropriate for students ability level.
- Participates in snowboard or skiing clinics to keep current with the most modern and efficient teaching methods and techniques.
- Communicates daily with fellow staff to maintain awareness of mountain operations and activities.
- Helps with set up/tear down of beginner area as well as light cleaning of Children’s Center.
- Assists in the rental shop by fitting children with ski equipment.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, see, hear, and ski. Must be capable of walking, standing and skiing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will continuously be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will frequently be exposed to extreme cold, wetness and/or humidity, and occasionally blizzards and extreme storm conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: Skis and/or Snowboard
- Customer service experience in a resort setting
- Recreation, education, or child development background
- Teaching experience in a sport setting with children ages 3-13.
- PSIA or AASI certification, and/or Children’s Accreditation
Education Required: High School or equivalent
How to Apply: https://www.palisadestahoe.com/footer/employment
Application Deadline: 2/1/2023
To apply for this job please visit www.palisadestahoe.com.