Education Development Manager
Who We Are
The Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA-AASI) is an internationally recognized education association serving the snowsports industry, with a national membership of more than 32,000 ski and snowboard instructors. We develop award-winning programs and materials that support the training, credentialing, and professional development of instructors.
How to Apply
Place “Education Development Manager” in the subject line and send the following items via email to
• Cover letter
• Three references
Note: References will be held in confidence and not contacted unless/until you are invited to meet with us regarding this opportunity. PSIA-AASI is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Summary: Education, learning and development professional focused on development and execution of snowsports education projects, programs, curriculum, and resources. This position will require education content development and project management, with a high level of organization, detailed documentation, and strong interpersonal skills to create positive and effective working relationships with internal staff and volunteers. Must be able to facilitate insights and offerings from content experts, including the PSIA-AASI Team, regional staff and educators, task forces, and experts outside the organization. Works closely with the Director of Education to drive consistent education curriculum, professional development, and credentialing for the world’s largest snowsports education organization. Work will primarily be conducted during business hours; however, this position allows for a flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend hours during peak times.
• Manage day-to-day and long-term development of courses, products, services, and curriculum, which includes collaborating with content experts, other departments, stakeholders, vendors, volunteers, and regional education staff.
• Manage and facilitate milestone deliverables on educational programs and resources. Includes communication, outlines, timelines, goals, and objectives.
• Assists with managing the maintenance of the national standards, supporting assessment tools, resources, and complementary curriculum creation to support professional development.
• Webinar administrator who assists with content development, presenter talent and works within webinar platforms to deploy webinars.
• Support coordination for subject-matter experts (SME) who currently are, wish to become, or are sought after as a resource for the organization’s educational programs.
• Staff facilitator of educational committees, task forces and workgroups to track projects, maintain regular conference web/calls (weekly/monthly), meetings and documentation.
• Serve as additional support for PSIA-AASI Events programs including national academies, education conferences, team trainings, and selection processes.
• Support ongoing development of digital learning and web-based products by developing outlines, storyboarding, video editing and assisting with eLearning course production.
• Work closely with Digital Learning Manager to maintain video content delivery and edit webinar recordings through the PSIA-AASI Digital Learning Hub, Matrix and other video platform sharing such as LearnDash, Vimeo, and YouTube.
Job responsibilities and competencies identified here are not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience and or certification training or degree in Education, Professional Development, Communication, or related field.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in education curriculum planning or development, organizational or instructional design.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in project management.
• Minimum PSIA-AASI Level II certification or foreign snowsports certification equivalent with additional specialist credential (children’s or freestyle) preferred.
• Experience with cross-functional teams focused on organizational solutions is preferred.
• Experience with video editing and production is preferred.
• Ability to manage all facets of program and project delivery, through timeline and objective management.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Proficiency in the use of office technologies and software, including but not limited to Office, Microsoft Teams, Google Apps, Basecamp, LearnDash, WordPress, and Adobe Premiere or equivalent video editing software, Articulate/Captivate or equivalent a bonus.
• Demonstrated ability to identify educational trends and keep up with emerging industry trends and products related to responsibilities.
• Intermediate/advanced skiing and/or riding ability.
Compensation and Benefits
• Salary: $55,000 – $65,000 Annually.
• 401K, Health, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Personal and Sick Leave.
• Educational Assistance and Wellness Benefits.
• Leave of Absence for: Personal, Medical, Parental Academic Activity, Maternity/Pregnancy, Bereavement, Jury Duty, and Voting.
Work will primarily be done in an office/home office environment, with up to 15% travel including attending conferences, trade shows, and association events. Work will primarily be conducted during business hours; however, night and weekend work will take place. Remote work, out of state, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.