Website Alyeska Resort
Director of Skier Services
The Director of Skier Services reports directly to the Mountain General Manager and is responsible for the overall quality of the guest and employee experience at Alyeska Resort. Operations for the Snowsports School, Rentals, Ticket Scanning and Mountain Host departments that add to the guest experience are the direct responsibility of this position.
Specific Focuses include:
- Leadership management and development of teams
- Budget responsibilities including revenue & expense oversight & forecasting
- Capital project coordination
- Marketing of products & services
- Communication and interaction with guests
- Safety performance.
As a member of the resort’s senior leadership team, this position assists in the development, communication, and implementation of resort goals & initiatives.
Direct and monitor the quality of overall Skier Services Department’s products and staff to ensure exceptional guest experience in alignment with Resort and Company goals, financial success, and development of future products/programs.
- Work with Managers and Supervisors to ensure accountability for the quality of products and services for the guests and employees.
- Provide feedback, growth opportunities, leadership opportunities and appropriate training to develop future Ski and Snowboard leaders.
- Help create and implement training plans and monitor the quality of training.
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including but not limited to- SDS standards, universal precautions, child abuse guidelines, background checks, emergency evacuation and operational procedures.
- Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations (PSIA/AASI, NSAA).
- Monitor and maintain quality and appearance of buildings, sales facilities – both on mountain and at the base area, organizational yard, signage and program imaging, teaching terrain, and locker rooms.
- Act as a Alyeska Resort representative with the local community as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years in a leadership role involving full budget accountability, development of staff, and managing external relationships on behalf of the company
- At least 5 years of experience as a Ski School Manager or Manager of Product Sales
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong conflict resolution skills
- Previous guest service experience
- College degree in related field
- Current PSIA/AASI level 3 certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with Flaik Snowsports Software, Aspenware, RTP and SkiData
Alaska is truly the Last Frontier and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play even harder, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm of the mountain lifestyle with our guests.
Alyeska Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of Alaska and is a world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to fat tire biking, Nordic skiing and our Nordic Spa. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential Alaska ski town.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- New Employee Housing
- New Employee wage structure
- Monthly Commuter’s allowance
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and Nordic Spa
Come join the Alyeska Resort team where you’ll instantly feel at home. Experience Alyeska Resort here: https://vimeo.com/546215049
To apply for this job please visit www.alyeskaresort.com.