Creating Lifelong Adventures Through Education
Director of Marketing & Communications
Position Title: Director of Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Classification: Full-Time At-Will Employee / Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $95,000 – $112,000
Position Summary: This individual is responsible for creating and implementing comprehensive marketing and communication plans that align with the association’s goals and objectives of Creating lifelong adventures through education. This position leads the creative strategy for presenting PSIA-AASI to all audiences including members, member schools, snowsports resorts and to the general public. Additionally, this position leads communication strategies and ensures that the educational presence and content is accurate, accessible, and promoted on all channels. This role is instrumental in enhancing the association’s online presence, driving engagement, and ensuring seamless communication with members, stakeholders, and the public.
Strategy Development – Develop and execute comprehensive and creative marketing and communications strategies that align with the association’s goals and objectives and future aspirations.
Brand Management – Safeguard and elevate the association’s brand by maintaining a consistent and compelling presence across all channels.
Collaboration – Work closely with other operations including the Regional operations, other directors, the National Team, governing boards, other stakeholders such as corporate partners to ensure that marketing and communication efforts align with the broader organizational goals.
Membership Engagement – Develop strategies to engage and retain members, including member newsletters, exclusive content, and member events. Lead the planning and execution of email marketing campaigns, utilizing segmentation and personalization for maximum impact.
Team Management – Lead and manage a team of marketing and communication professionals, including copywriters, editors, graphic designers, social media/digital marketing managers, videographers, outside creative talent, and other specialists.
Website Management – Directs the association’s website and any future iterations of the website, ensuring it remains current, user-friendly, and optimized for search engines.
Content Management – Direct the production of high-quality content, including the tri-annual 32 Degrees Association Publication, blogs, social media posts, videos, podcasts and other educational materials.
Public Relations – Develop strategies and protocols to manage media relations, including press releases, interviews, and building relationships with journalists, other associations and media outlets.
Digital Marketing- Develop and lead the execution of a robust digital marketing and communications strategy aligned with the association’s objectives, with a strong focus on digital channels and technologies. This includes the responsibility to create and lead the association’s social media strategy with an eye to future platforms and the production of content to maintain an engaging and positive brand image.
Event Promotion – Develop strategies and protocols to promote association in-person and online educational events through a wide variety of marketing channels to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
Data Analysis – Oversee the strategic efforts to use data and analytics to track and assess the performance of digital marketing and communication efforts, making data-driven decisions for optimization.
Innovative Technology Adoption – Stay abreast of emerging digital tools, trends and technologies, integrating them into strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Budget Management – Manage the marketing and communications budget, ensuring resources are allocated effectively.
Crisis Communication– Develop and implement crisis communication strategies and protocols for managing communication during crises or challenging situations, ensuring timely and transparent responses that may affect the association’s reputation.
Job responsibilities and competencies identified here are not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned
- Equivalent experience or bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business or related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years marketing and communications professional experience.
- Experience in collaboratively leading and managing both teams and projects. Specific examples will be required to discuss in detail.
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years in digital, marketing or communications experience.
- Experience working within the snowsports/outdoor industry and with associations and/or non-profits is preferred.
- Experience in production of communication pieces such as newsletters and/or magazine is preferred.
- Must demonstrate a track record of successful strategic marketing campaigns.
- Possess knowledge of various marketing and communications channels including digital marketing, social media, content marketing, public relations, branding and more.
- Ability to plan, create, manage budgets for the department as well as broader marketing and communications campaigns.
- Ability to analyze data and metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Requires excellent writing for digital and print mediums, editing, verbal communication, organization skills.
- Possess the ability to simplify complicated information to a non-marketing or non-instructor audience.
- Must demonstrate initiative, ability to work with little or no direct supervision, and ability to exercise sound judgment while leading a team.
- Must be able to interact professionally with internal stakeholders and demonstrate good judgment.
- Excellent project management skills, including experience creating systems to support efficiency and collaboration.
Working Conditions: Work will primarily be done in a remote/hybrid office environment with less than 20 percent travel including attending conferences, trade shows, and association events on an as-needed basis. On-snow portions of association events are required for this position.
Interested applicants should send their resume, references, cover letter and any other supporting material to
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com