Website Palisades Tahoe Kids Ski School
Adults Ski & SB Instructor All Certification Levels
Job Summary: Palisades Tahoe is seeking Ski Instructors of all experience levels to promote the sport of skiing with exceptional guest service by providing safe, enjoyable and effective ski lessons for kids and adults.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Assures customer satisfaction with safe, friendly and efficient service.
- Provides exceptional guest service to students and guests of all ages through personable use of modern teaching techniques.
- Instructs and educates guests of all ages in and skiing, using modern teaching techniques. Maintains an environment of safety, fun and learning.
- Clarify customer’s expectations and goals at the beginning of each lesson.
- Provides individual or group instruction on skiing.
- Analyzes problems and resolves them in a positive and safe manner.
- Selects appropriate terrain for skills being developed.
- Use effective pacing that is appropriate for students ability level.
- Participates in snowboard or skiing clinics to keep current with the most modern and efficient teaching methods and techniques.
- Communicates daily with fellow staff to maintain awareness of mountain operations and activities.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- PSIA or AASI certification, and/or Children’s Accreditation
- Teaching experience in a sports setting with children ages 3-13.
- Recreation, education, or child development background
- Customer service experience in a resort setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, see, hear, and ski. Must be capable of walking, standing and skiing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will continuously be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will frequently be exposed to extreme cold, wetness and/or humidity, and occasionally blizzards and extreme storm conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: Skis and/or Snowboard
How to Apply: https://www.palisadestahoe.com/footer/employment
To apply for this job please visit www.palisadestahoe.com.