Website Caberfae Peaks
Adult/Child Ski/Snowboard Instructor
Status: Full Time or Part Time Winter Employment
Shifts Available: Day Shifts with Varied Days Off
Teach adults/children how to ski and enjoy the mountain environment. A love of the sport and the desire to continually improve both personal skiing skills and teaching ability is important.
- Must be comfortable setting up an environment conducive to safety, fun & learning
- Must be reliable, dependable, and timely
- Possess a genuine desire to pass on knowledge of the sport & inspire others
- Must be able to work in a physically challenging environment
- Explain and demonstrate technical ski concepts in a safe, fun, and professional manner using a variety of interactive teaching methods based off age, learning style, and ability of the student within the guidelines of Caberfae Snowsports School and PSIA/AASI
- Summarize lesson with Member, guest, or parents at the end of the lesson, including reviewing skills worked on and progress made.
- Assist in cleaning of locker room area.
- Uphold the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain with varying winter weather conditions.
- Ensure that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assist Members and guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assist Members and guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Assist rentals department & outside on learning hill.
- Certified PSIA level 1 is strongly encouraged, level 2or 3 is preferred (or international equivalent)
- A great guest service personality
- Experience in ski or snowboard instructing is preferred.
All seasonal employment at Caberfae includes:
- FREE skiing and/or snowboarding if your employment is in good standing.
- Resort Benefits, including discounts on food, in the ski shop & more
- Employee uniforms, clothing, and ski locker.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org