Website Eagle Mount Bozeman
Adaptive Snowsports Instructor
Eagle Mount Bozeman is a non-profit organization that provides adaptive recreation for people with disabilities and camps for young people with cancer. Eagle Mount is currently hiring part time and full time Snow Sports Instructors for the upcoming season. These positions will have a primary assignment at either Big Sky Resort or Bridger Bowl, with potential for crossover. The Adaptive Snow Sports Instructor positions are seasonal positions with potential to transition to a year round, summer/winter program instructor. Adaptive Snow Sports Instructors are supervised by the Adaptive Recreation Director, and serve as members of the Program team.
- Adhere to all Eagle Mount policies, procedures, and guidelines; maintain confidentiality of all participants
- Represent Eagle Mount in a professional and courteous manner
- Support and advocate for the organization and its affiliated programs and partners
- Maintain healthy relationships with Eagle Mount community including participants, volunteers, and staff
- Attend to administrative duties, attend required meetings, and staff training events
- Exhibit patience, respect for others, appropriate stress management, and a desire to learn and grow
- Have a willingness to learn and complete required trainings. This includes but is not limited to Snow Sports Skills, Adaptive Equipment, Coaching, DEI, Safe Sport, and First Aid/CPR
- Prioritize safety, fun, and learning when creating and facilitating on-snow experiences
- Maintain progress reports for students and regularly debrief experiences with Snow Sports Staff and volunteers
- Work with volunteers in implementing Snow Sports lessons
- Care for and maintain program facilities, equipment, and supplies
- Assist with recruitment, training, motivation, and recognition of volunteers
- Proficient Ski Skills – Must be able to confidently ski/ride blue square alpine terrain
- Experience coaching alpine snow sports. PSIA/AASI certification preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of conditions
- Reliable personal transportation
- Strong interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
While this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position, it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All Eagle Mount employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Compensation and Benefits:
These are full-time or part-time, non-exempt, seasonal positions, with the opportunity to become year-round, starting at $18/hour. Benefits include membership to PSIA/AASI with paid training, ample opportunities for free passes to Bridger Bowl and Big Sky Resort, access to pro deal/discounts with various outdoor manufacturers and retailers and the opportunity to work in a mission-driven culture. Benefits available to regular employees (year-round, non-seasonal) include agency sponsored health/dental/vision, 4% 403(b) retirement match, and generous PTO.
How to Apply:
The selected candidates will begin November 1st, 2022. If interested, please respond with a resume, cover letter and three references in PDF format to . Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Preference will be given to applications received by September 30th, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org