Website Smugglers’ Notch Resort
Adaptive Program Manager
The Smugglers’ Notch Adaptive Program provides skiing and snowboarding in the winter and outdoor recreation in the summer for people with disabilities. The SNAP program is part of Smuggs’ Snow Sport University (ski and ride school) and Summer Fun University (summer camps). The SNAP Program Manager is responsible for the coordination and implementation of winter and summer programs with the goal of providing safe, fun, high quality experiences in an inclusive environment.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the adaptive program.
- Manages Adaptive Program Supervisors, program staff, and specialized persons
including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Oversight of the program reservation process and communication with guests
- Creation of program offerings in communication with other resort departments and vendors
- Monitoring the safety of all activities
- Collaboration with SSU/SFU team members
- Participates with SSU/SFU Director in the development and oversight of the program budget
- Oversight of day to day program operations and supporting staff on the job
- Support the management of other SSU/SFU programs as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university in Outdoor Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation, Special Education, or other related field. Three to five years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience working with people with disabilities.
- Experience teaching skiing or snowboarding, PSIA/AASI certification preferred. PSIA-AASI Level I Adaptive certification required (May be attained within first year of being hired)
- Experience working with, advocating for, and empowering people with disabilities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Ability to collaborate with others.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Google Docs, Social Media)
- Leadership, supervisory, or management experience
- Full time, year round, salaried position starting at $45,500
- 401K with 2% employer match after 1 year of employment and 1000 hours.
- Health Benefits
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule during shoulder seasons
- Winter/Summer season pass for immediate family and dependents
Please apply via the smuggs.com website and scroll to find the Adaptive Program Manager Position
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com