Saturday, December 9, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm MTAdd to Personal CalendarEvent Type:
Education Clinic Location: Solitude
(Upper Level of Moonbeam Lodge Ski School Building (Entry 1))
There is no free parking at Solitude. We recommend you park in the Park and Ride lots and take the bus or carpool .The daily parking plan is tiered based on vehicle occupancy. It's $20 for a vehicle holding one or two people, $10 for three occupants and $5 for vehicles with four or more people in it. Information on the UTA Ski Bus service can be found on their website. Host Division:
IntermountainRegistration Information:- First Chair Rate: $100.00 (available through Friday, November 24)
- Last Chair Rate: $125.00
- CEUs: 6Prerequisites:
Current PSIA-AASI MembershipRegistration Deadline:
Saturday, November 25, 2023, 11:59 pm MT
Online Registration: CLOSED
Technical Skills clinic, full day on-snow.
Most skiing will be on groomed terrain. Qualifies as continuing education or assessment preparation.
Continuing Education/Assessment Preparation Goals:
- Impact overall performance through improved understanding and application of the alpine technical fundamentals
- Improve Edge Control and alignment to the outside ski
- By the end of this clinic the participant will be able to carve turns during which the outside ski has its highest edge angle and the upper body is aligned to the outside ski during the shaping phase of the turn.
- The clinic leader will describe and demonstrate activities
- Participants will use activities to create awareness about edging & lateral balance skills
- Participants will apply specific awareness to carved turns
- The clinic leader will provide feedback and structure practice for carving
- Reflect on improve understanding or ability to edge the outside ski and/or balance over the outside ski.
Additional Event Details:
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $12.99 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least five days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.
Full coverage details found here: https://www.getspot.com/benefit-summary/psia-aasi-events
Spot also offers annual insurance to keep you covered anytime you're skiing, riding, or mountain biking during the year for only $149.99. Learn more in your pro offer portal.