Register for ‘Skiing from the Snow Up’ Webinar with Ron LeMaster
Registration is now open for a new Skiing from the Snow Up webinar with ski instructor, coach, photographer and author Ron LeMaster, scheduled to take place online in three separate sessions Nov. 4, Nov. 11, and Nov. 18.
This course is an in-depth look at the what, why, and how of skiing, connected to what you feel when you ski and what you do and say when you teach. You’ll come away with an understanding of how the snow, their equipment, and bodies work together to create the experience of skiing.
The cost for the complete course is $120. Participants who complete the course will earn 6 CEUs.
“Ron is renowned for his insight into the analysis of efficient and effective skiing, as well as his use of video and multiple exposure photography to illustrate his points,” said PSIA-AASI Director of Education Dave Schuiling. “This course is going to fill up quickly.”
- The basic forces and pressures of skiing, and how they relate to our experience of skiing itself. Where they come from and how we balance against them.
- The mechanics of how skis hold, slip, carve, and steer themselves.
- Detailed analysis of techniques at all skill levels, and how tactics and terrain determine the techniques to use.
- How boots demand that skiers use movement patterns specific to skiing. The biomechanics of canting and other aspects of boot setup.
- Mapping the mechanics and techniques of skiing into PSIA’s 5 Fundamentals.
- Teaching methodology vs. technical understanding: How to talk about skiing and work with skiers.