New Partner Givego Lets You Connect with National Team Members
PSIA-AASI announced a new partnership with Givego, which lets you connect with and receive personalized feedback from PSIA-AASI National Team members.
If you are training for an exam and looking for help on a technical skill, the on-demand virtual coaching service lets you work directly with top ski and snowboard instructors so you can break old habits and take your skills to the next level. It’s an educational resource to help you train and advance your career.
Givego is an app-based virtual learning community that fills the gap between in-person lessons and online videos, so you can work on your form and technique whenever and wherever it’s convenient for you.
Givego’s CEO and Founder, Willie Ford, is a two-time NCAA All-American ski racer for the University of New Hampshire, and former President of POC in North America.
“I’m fortunate skiing has played such an incredible role in my life, but there are so many people interested in snowsports who do not know where to start,” said Ford. “By partnering with PSIA-AASI, we provide an incredibly useful tool for PSIA-AASI members and also help guests see the value of high-quality instruction. Our goal is to be part of developing more lifelong snowsports enthusiasts.”
Viewing the partnership as a way to be “part of an organization where improvement, progression and doing your best is valued so deeply,” Ford added, “We are really excited about bringing another tool to the PSIA-AASI toolbox that not only helps their members improve, but helps their members instruct their clients.”
The Givego app also connects users to pros associated with golf, wakeboard, and disk golf lessons. Once you have your user account, it’s easy to select your sport and solicit feedback from the top instructors in each category.
How It Works
- Select the instructor you’d like to work with.
- Upload a video of yourself performing your sport.
- Explain what you are working on.
- Receive personalized video analysis from a team member.
- Follow up, ask a question, upload again.
The app connects to your video library, letting you shoot and upload videos from your phone. If there is a certain team member you’d like to work with, select that team member; or you can let the app auto-select any PSIA-AASI National Team member. The application lets you write a sentence or two on the skill or technique you are looking to improve.
In this video, PSIA-AASI National Team Coach Jeb Boyd provides personalized feedback including video analysis with frame-by-frame voice-over and drawing.
How to Get Started
- Visit the Pro Offers page and select Givego to see your special member-pricing.
- Write down your discount code.
- Select “Shop Now.”
- Download Givego from the *Apple iOS App Store (search “Givego”).
- Open the App and click “Get Started.”
- Follow the onboarding process steps.
- When prompted, type in your discount code that you’ll find in the Pro Offers page.
- You’ll need to have Apple Pay connected to receive your discount on either the Yearly or the Monthly subscription.
- After being welcomed to the app, connect with the PSIA-AASI brand, and pick your preferred PSIA-AASI National Team member.
- Upload a video of yourself and explain what you’re working on.
- Receive slow-motion analysis from a PSIA-AASI National Team member
*NOTE: The Givego app is only available for iOS (Apple) users right now. An Android version will be released in 2021.