PSIA-AASI Releases Navigating the 2020-21 Snowsports Season
Safety, fun, and learning make up the core tenets of PSIA-AASI’s vision to “Create Lifelong Adventures Through Education.” Delivering on this critical foundation for successful lessons is more important than ever as we work together to maintain a low-risk learning environment for ourselves, our guests, and our colleagues – so everyone can enjoy their snowsports season this winter.
The newly published Navigating the 2020-21 Snowsports Season is a comprehensive document reaffirming our commitment to snowsports education during COVID-19.
“By following best practices and taking necessary precautions for healthy interactions, our guests and instructors can continue to focus on growth and development,” said PSIA-AASI Chief Executive Officer Nicholas Herrin. “We hope that, as an educator you’ll use the document as a tool to help you deliver safe, and fun, lesson experiences in the time of COVID-19.”
The document includes:
- Considerations for instructors to foster conversations around executing practical and successful lessons.
- How to incorporate – and adapt when necessary – the Learning Connection model and Teaching/Learning Cycle to align with best health and safety practices.
- The importance of People Skills in welcoming guests, introducing yourself, assessing students, and planning experiences.
- How you can adapt Teaching Skills to minimize risk.
- Snowsports school considerations such as lesson products, group size, and instructor training.
- And a list of additional training resources for every discipline.