What Information We Gather
You decide how much of your Information you disclose to us.
For visitors, we gather Information needed to process your transactions and fulfill your requests, including contact information that you provide and demographic information that you volunteer via applications or surveys.
For Members, we gather Information necessary to maintain our membership records, communicate with you, and provide you with benefits. This may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, and email address, your Member number, your password, your affiliations, your professional development, your participation in the Association, and demographic information that you volunteer via applications or surveys.
You are responsible for the accuracy of the Information that you provide and for maintaining the secrecy of your password and your account Information. You may correct and update your Information at any time on the Website. We periodically audit the Information and will remove information that is incomplete or which you or a Division has informed us is inaccurate.
If you place an order at our Website, we gather your payment information only long enough to process your transaction. If you want to order, but do not want to provide your payment information online, you may mail or fax your order to us. We will not retain or store your payment information after the transaction is processed, nor will we sell, share or provide that information to third parties. During your online order, our server will assign your browser a unique identification number stored in a file on your computer (“Cookie”) unless you have disabled Cookies on your computer. Cookies identify your browser, but not you personally, to our computers whenever you interact on our Website.
We gather and archive basic Website logging statistics showing the daily number of visitors to our Website and its subdirectories, daily requests for particular files, originating server locations and server or browser domain names. We use these aggregated statistics internally to provide better service to the public, but we may also provide these statistics to others.
PSIA-AASI is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that come into effect on May 25, 2018.
What Information We Do Not Gather
We do not gather:
- Non-public personal information such as your Social Security number or any other information that could be used to determine credit- or employment-worthiness.
- Non-public personal information that you may post on our social media site. You control the content and the degree that this information is public using the tools on that site. If you post non-public personal information online that is accessible to the public, you do so at your own risk.
Where We Gather Information
We gather Information from you in plainly-marked areas of our Website. For example, we request Information from you when you:
- Activate your online member account or register as a customer or guest.
- Place an order.
- Send, phone or fax to us a written application for membership.
- Provide feedback in an online survey.
- Participate in a promotional offer.
- Request e-mail notification of your order status.
- Change your Information.
- Participate in other interactive services.
How We Use Information
We use this information to:
- Help us to know our Members and visitors.
- Enable us to enhance your Website visit, and to improve and customize the content and layout of our Website and other communications tools.
- Track usage of the Website.
- Assist you with Member support issues.
- Follow up with you after your visit.
- Send to you messages that we approve and to which you have subscribed (“Messages”).
- Send to you mail and emails about our various products and services, upcoming events and programs, or other products and services we feel may be of interest to you (“Mailings”).
- Compile Member directories.
How We Share Information
We share this Information with:
- Our Divisions to assist with Member and Member education tracking.
- Printers and distributors of our publications.
- Our sponsors and suppliers in the form of non-personalized, demographic information about our Members.
We do not disclose, share or trade your email or other contact information to sponsors or suppliers. We send to you Messages or Mailings on behalf of a third party sponsor or official supplier pursuant to our agreement with them.
If we are required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Information, we will do so to the extent that we determine disclosure is appropriate. We may also provide Information as necessary to protect the personal safety of our Members or the public.
How We Store and Send Information
We maintain security procedures and standards for storing and sending Information which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
If you do not want to receive certain Messages or Mailings, you can opt out in several ways:
- Adjust your “My Communications Preference” in the “My Profile” settings of your account, after you have logged into www.thesnowpros.org and accessed “Profile.”
- Click on your communications preferences and select the ones you prefer.
- You can also opt out of important organization updates and special offers from PSIA-AASI Official Suppliers.
The Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites, content or resources (collectively, “Other Sites”). Other Sites may gather information about you when you view them. We cannot control their collection of information and suggest that you review Other Sites’ privacy policies before providing them with your personal information.