Youth Ski Instructor – Friday Evenings, Saturdays and/or Sundays (Jan-Mar)
Powderpigs, located on Snoqualmie Pass, WA is hiring multiple Youth Ski Instructors for the 2020-21 winter season.
Join our Teaching Team and help share your love for skiing, the mountain and outdoors with children! Our students are ages 7+ years old, who want to learn how to improve their skiing. Class skill levels are between intermediate to advanced. (Due to COVID-19 we will not have any beginner students or children under 7.)
Powderpigs has three program days to choose from or teach multiple days: Friday Evenings 7-9pm, Saturdays 10am-3pm and/or Sundays from 10am-3pm; beginning in January and ending in March. Pre-season clinic training will be virtual, On-Snow clinics occur in December on Snoqualmie Pass. Additional instructional resources and support are available for all Instructors.
This is an excellent leadership experience opportunity, great for college applications, future job applications, camp counselors, and those who simply enjoy working with children and sharing their love for skiing with others.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Teaching children ages 7+ years old, with varying experience skiing, in small group lessons
- Identify skill level of students and develop teaching plan based on their needs
- Completing daily student progress updates (online)
- Ensuring safety of class in an outdoor environment in varying winter weather
- Ensuring class follows all COVID-19 policies and rules
- Engage and maintain student interest in a fun, inviting, manner, while keeping safety and learning the priority
- Encourage family and friends interested in snow sports to become instructors
Requirements & Accessibility:
- Previous experience working with children preferred
- Ability to ski on varying levels of terrain difficulty
- Ability to communicate successfully with children, parents, and management
- Ability to multi-task and manage different people’s needs
- Ability to engage students and be silly, goofy, and fun while keeping safety and learning the top priority
- Sense of humor, patience, creative thinking
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds (helping children up)
- Ability to work outside in winter conditions for up to 4 hours per day
- Ability to meet teaching schedule and be timely required
- Attend virtual training clinics and on-snow training clinics
This is a seasonal, hourly position. Wages DOE. Option to instruct on other program days for increased hours and wages. Benefits include a deeply discounted season pass and significant tuition discount for instructor child/ren.
Powderpigs has been a family run business since the winter season of 1969-70. We have served countless children and families over the year and take pride in our community approach. We are not just another school. We are a mountain family. Powderpigs teaches ski and snowboard lessons to children and adults. Located on Snoqualmie Pass, WA we are less than an hour from Seattle, and are one of the longest running private snow sport schools on the Pass.
To learn more and submit an application please visit our website. Questions, cover letters and resumes can be sent to .
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@Powderpigs.com