Website Copper Mountain
Woodward Copper Camp Snowboard Coach
Location: Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Status: Full Time- Seasonal
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation: Proposed hiring rate of $18.50+, actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Benefits: This is a seasonal position eligible for season pass for employees/dependents and privileges at several other resorts. Several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail/rental, tickets, etc.) also available.
Note: Interviews will begin middle of February
Woodward snowboard coaches are responsible for developing and maintaining safe and fun learning environments for guests of all ability levels utilizing our on snow and barn facilities. On snow Woodward coaches provide a safe and fun learning experience by using freestyle-based instruction. Coaches will use the Start with Woodward program to educate beginner skiers and the Ride with Woodward program to enhance skiing skills. Coaches will also coach in the barn utilizing state of the art cross training tools and methods to maximize progression at all levels. Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and very strong group management skills are required for this position.
Candidates must be flexible and adapt to ever changing environments. Previous coaching or instruction experience is required. Certification through AASI or USSA is preferred. Full time positions consist of 6 days per week, including weekends, holidays, and busy periods.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License
- High School degree or equivalent
- Bending, reaching, climbing
- Prolonged standing
- Confined sitting
- Eye/hand coordination
- Visual concentration on equipment
- Concentrated reading and writing
- Rapid reaction to physical changes (operating equipment)
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision
- Extended periods of outdoor exposure
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat and sun exposure
- Variation in temperature from hot to cold
- Skiing/ Snowboarding Level: Expert
POWDR-Copper Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and that race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/protected veterans or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado’s playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here- Apply now!
To be considered for this position, please submit an online application at http://www.coppercolorado.com/jobs
Application deadline: May 31, 2023
To apply for this job please visit www.coppercolorado.com.