Website Adaptive Sports Foundation
Summary/Objective: The Adaptive Sports Foundation (ASF) is seeking a skilled and dedicated Training Manager to join our team. The Training Manager will play a vital role in overseeing the adaptive sports training programs and ensuring the efficient operations of all training-related activities. This position requires a high level of expertise in snowsports instruction and certification from the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) or the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI) at Level 2 or above. The Training Manager will work closely with the Program Director and other staff members to provide high-quality training to participants with disabilities.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the ASF’s adaptive sports winter training programs
- Develop and implement adaptive sports training curriculum in collaboration with the Program Director, other ASF personnel including ASF trainers
- Ensure the quality, safety, and effectiveness of the training programs and equipment
- Monitor and report on the progress and outcomes of the training programs, providing regular updates to the Program Director
- Collaborate with the Program Director and other staff members to identify and evaluate risks associated with training activities and implement appropriate risk management measures
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies, relevant legislation, and professional standards in all training activities
- Contribute to the development, submission, and auditing of grant-based programming related to training
- Manage the budget for training programs, including expenses and vendor contracts, in coordination with the Program Director and Accounting Director.
- Work with the Director of Development and other stakeholders to promote fundraising events related to training programs
- Foster strong relationships with partners, stakeholders, and the broader adaptive sports community.
- Cultivate a positive and collaborative culture within the training department and across the organization
- Demonstrated expertise in adaptive snowsports instruction (skiing and/or snowboarding) and other therapeutic recreational activities
- Strong knowledge of curriculum design, development, and implementation for adaptive sports training
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Exceptional leadership abilities and experience in building and leading collaborative teams
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and applying technology solutions to improve workflow.
- Proficient public speaker capable of engaging large groups of participants, volunteers, and donors
- Provide oversight and guidance to training staff, including trainers and instructors
- Coordinate with external support vendors and volunteers involved in training programs
- Office-based work with the possibility of remote work when approved by the Program Director
- Ability to lift and provide physical assistance to students and volunteers during outdoor sports activities
- Minimal travel may be required for training-related events or conferences
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Recreational Therapy, or related fields of study recommended
- Proficiency in skiing, snowboarding, or both
- PSIA, AASI or USSA Level 2 certification required
- Additional adaptive sports certifications are a plus
- Minimum of four years’ experience in adaptive sports, therapeutic, or recreational sports management.
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or additions as needed by the organization
Please note that this job description is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities and requirements of the Training Manager position at the Adaptive Sports Foundation. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Contact Information –
How to Apply
Email CV and Resume to the above addresses
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com