Stowe Mountain Resort
Supervisor – Ski and Ride School Seasonal Program (Stowe Busters)
Job Type: Full Time – Winter Seasonal
Job Salary and Benefits: Industry Competitive
The Seasonal Programs (Stowe Busters) Supervisor will be responsible for the pre-planning, implementation, and daily operations for the seasonal Stowe Busters program along with weekly communication to Buster families and supporting regular Ski and Ride School operations as needed. This will be achieved through focuses on quality control, guest and employee relations, staff performance and development, financial responsibility, communication, teamwork, and administrative duties. This position will work with the Ski and Ride School Senior Manager, Location Manager, Supervisor, and Administrative Assistants as well as other resort departments to ensure efficient management of the program for all stakeholders.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collect guest reservations and pre-plan group breakouts based on past assignments and ability levels and facilitate changes during the start of the program
- Hire and train staff appropriate to seasonal commitment
- Utilize available resources to monitor and maintain premium quality teaching
- Manage group ratios and work with Ski and Ride School supervisors to cover assignments when needed
- Monitor and review employee performance regularly to support season-end evaluations
- Work with the Management Team to lead performance metrics
- Understand and lead safety standards of the department
- Establish and review mutual goals and objectives with each instructor
- Understand and lead the Company’s mission, vision and values
- Teach lessons when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1- 3 years working in a Ski & Snowboard School
- Current PSIA/AASI or equivalent Certification
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English
- Excellent communication and guest service skills
- Able to work with and build teams
- Strong understanding of teaching and instructing fundamentals
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Must be able to work Weekends and Holidays
- College degree and/or experience in a related field
- Experience working with Children
- Ability to ski/ride a variety of terrain and conditions to move around the mountain and demonstrate appropriate skills/movements to instructors and guests.
- Train staff and teach public when appropriate.
- No hazardous materials but noise exposure to snowmaking and grooming equipment
- Appropriate alpine ski or snowboard equipment that includes clothing, boots, bindings, skis or board, radio, computer, phone, fax, race equipment, video and photographic equipment
- Required to work as needed, including holidays, weekends and some evenings.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.