Website Treetops Resort
Snowsports School Manager
The Snowsports School Manager is responsible for leading the staff responsible for delivering lessons and programs associated with downhill skiing, snowboarding and Nordic skiing. Areas of focus will be recruitment, program creation and development, motivating and training staff, hitting departmental profitability goals, development of on slope safety program and representation of Treetops in various media opportunities. The successful candidate must passion and enthusiasm for the sport(s). This is a leadership position that is critical to the growth and the development of our company.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates and directs staff and ensures adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established goals and objectives. Ensures that all staff receives proper training, support, guidance, feedback and guidance necessary to fulfill their duties
- Demonstrates the skills necessary to teach and train others to teach. Maintenance of these skills is important throughout the tenure in this job.
- Preparation of students for instruction prior to arrival. Encouragement of students before, during and after instruction. Follow up with students after instruction.
- Building rapport with staff, students and fellow employees
- On slope representative of Treetops demonstrating the joy of skiing/riding
- Direct the establishment of departmental standards, guidelines and objectives. Plans and maintains other administrative functions such as budget creation and adherence and advance planning to achieve departmental goals and assist in achieving company goals.
- Maintains a guest focused culture.
- Prepares schedules in accordance with guest needs and labor budget.
- Resort champion for winter sports promotion and knowledge of skier responsibility codes contributing to a fun but safe environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of Snowsports School, Nordic Lessons and Race Program(s)
- Work closely with Ticket Manager, Ski Shop Manager, Rental Manager and Nordic Manager to enhance the entire winter experience for our guests.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to promote all Snowsports at Treetops.
- Work closely with Front Desk, Reservations and Sales to ensure that the process for booking a lesson or program is easy and seamless.
- Work closely with Director of Recreation to create and price all lesson and race programs.
- Work closely with Mountain Manager to ensure that terrain options and grooming are conducive to running a spectacular Snowsports program.
- Oversee the inventory and maintenance of all equipment and uniforms necessary to maintain the standards set forth by the resort.
- Actively promote safe skiing/riding by educating the staff and guests as to the “Your Safety Responsibility Code” and common-sense rules of skiing/snowboarding/Nordic.
Manages and trains all ski instructors, snowboard instructors, race staff and Nordic instructors. Special emphasis on advancing instructors who are not certified to become certified and those who are certified to advance their certification. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees in addition to assigning and directing work as well as evaluating performance and appropriately rewarding and disciplining your staff.
PSIA or AASI certified with Level I or higher. At least 2 years in a supervisory role
Year round employment opportunities will most likely be available at this vibrant four seasons resort.
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Start date: October 1, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com