Website Lookout Pass Snowsports School
Department: Snow Sports School
Reports to: Snow Sports School Director
Snow Sports School Assistant Director
Status: Full or Part-Time Seasonal
Snow Sports Instructors deliver quality snow sports instruction for students of all ages and abilities. Instructors will act as professional representatives of Lookout Pass and create positive experiences for guests, whether they are taking lessons or not.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrive to lesson lineup in a punctual manner, in uniform with jacket and pockets zipped, and interact with students prior to lesson time.
- Be aware of changing weather, snow, and terrain conditions and how they may affect your students.
- Teach the snow sports safety and responsibility code.
- Establish rapport with students.
- Assess student capabilities.
- Set student-centered goals.
- Select safe and appropriate teaching terrain.
- Work with supervisors, fellow instructors, and other team members to create and maintain the best possible environment for students to succeed.
- Represent Lookout Pass in a positive and professional manner.
- Makes a conscious and continued effort to improve and expand personal skiing and riding skills, teaching skills, and professional knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Must be able to ski or snowboard at PSIA/AASI Level 1 standard.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and “people” skills; must love dealing with people.
- Must be adaptable and willing to learn, grow and improve.
- Must maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm on the job.
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours in all weather conditions.
- Must maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Must be willing to work holidays and busy periods.
- Must be a team player.
- Must pass a background check.
- New Instructors: $12.00
- PSIA/AASI Level 1: $14.00
- PSIA/AASI Level 2: $16.00
- PSIA/AASI Level 3: $19.00
- Training Rate: BOE and current hired rate
All instructors are eligible for incremental raises based on teaching hours and training hours. Any uncertified instructor who chooses to get their Level 1 will be reimbursed for their PSIA/AASI membership dues.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Must be able to stand and ski/ride for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 25 pounds; frequently lift up to 50 pounds; and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be equipped to comfortably handle exposure to winter conditions.
- Fill out this application: https://skilookout.com/core/files/skilookout/uploads/files/Lookout%20Employment%20Application%202018-19.pdf
- And email it to: or
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com