Website Ski Butternut
Reports To: General Manager
Revision Date: 2/14/2022
Department: Snowsports School
Classification: Year-Round Full-Time
Full Job Description
- Direct the recruitment and hiring of sufficient ski and & snowboard instructors required to achieve staffing and revenue goals.
- Manage the weekly departmental schedule to ensure that lessons and programs are adequately staffed per the requirements of the lessons/programs and that staffing levels support revenue attainment goals.
- Review and revise instructor training programs to keep current with PSIA-AASI.
- Create and conduct the pre-season and in-season training programs for Snowsports School instructors.
- Ensure staff is trained to maintain the highest standard of on-snow safety.
- Clearly communicate with guests to resolve issues in a professional and courteous manner while creating a positive on-mountain experience.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining wage data and verifying/submitting payroll records for all Snowsports School employees.
- Oversee the Rental Department, ensuring inventory fits with current teaching standards and safety.
- Attend weekly Managers’ Meeting held by General Manager.
- Maintain a positive work environment for staff and a clean, organized, and safe work area.
- Direct, lead and build a strong team environment within the Snowsports and Rental departments.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong ability to deal with/manage a variety of personality types.
- Leadership ability.
- Be aware of industry trends and develop lessons and programs accordingly.
- Strong computer skills.
- Active and current member of PSIA-AASI
- Knowledge of budget process. Ability to analyze financial data.
- Strong administrative skills.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalency.
- PSIA Level II Certification recommended.
- Five years ski and snowboard school experience.
- Supervisory, budgetary, and planning
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org