Website 49° North Mountain Resort
Snowboard Trainer / Supervisor
Supervisor: Snowsports School Director
Department: Snowsports School
Position Summary: Provide supervision and training to all Snowsports School Instructors, with a primary focus on our snowboard staff members. Provide group and individual lessons when needed. The supervisor is a good will ambassador on and off the hill and should conduct his/her person accordingly. He/She will maintain a professional attitude and appearance to reflect 49° North Mountain Resort and the Snowsports School in a positive and professional manner.
- Respond To: Guests, Director, Snowsports School Supervisors, Snowsports School Office Staff
- Employees Supervised: Snowsports School Instructors
- Inter-Relationship: Work closely with Rental Shop, Ticket Office, and Ski Patrol to better serve our
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooperate with Director and other Supervisors in developing and teaching dryland and on-snow training and clinics.
- Work with Director and other Supervisors training and hiring new employees.
- Work with Director in implementing performance appraisals.
- Oversee group and private lessons and programs.
- Maintain communications with all Supervisors and office.
- Continuation of staff development (movement analysis, technical knowledge, rider improvement, teaching model and people skills).
- Assist with lesson scheduling and staffing assignments.
- Maintain up to date and accurate training log entries.
- Provide customers with any information that will help insure their safe participation in skiing/riding at 49° North.
- Teach lessons when needed.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of current trends in AASI, teaching/learning principles, equipment understanding, and methods for education. Participation in the PSIA-NW Trainer program is encouraged.
- Promote 49° North Mountain Resort and safe skiing/riding.
- Assist the Ski Patrol in rescue operations in the event of avalanche, lost skiers, chair lift failure, and ski accidents when needed.
- Assist in Learning Area maintenance, ie. Boot packing, clearing of windfall, fence setup and take down, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness/care of Snowsports School facilities, resort property, and company equipment.
- Be able to describe runs by name and give directions to their locations.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Certification: Level II or III PSIA Certification
- Experience: Prior experience leading clinics, prior supervisory experience, possess good verbal communications skills, possess riding ability of advanced intermediate or better.
- Other Requirements: Ability to maintain a professional appearance and attitude, to be prompt and on time, to develop a thorough understanding of ski area policies and procedures, and to relate in a positive manner to guest and co-worker. Willingness to voluntarily participate in educational clinics to improve personal skiing skills and understanding. Maintain an acceptable degree of physical fitness and health. Thorough understanding of “Your Responsibility Code”
- Frequent lifting of items weighting 40 Lbs. or more
- May encounter severe weather while performing duties
- Sitting, standing, walking and/or riding for extended periods of time.
- Always responds to guests’ needs
- Seeks ways to improve guest service
- Take pride in knowing that 49 North is a quality ski resort–The most affordable, friendly, family ski area in the region.
- Desire to promote 49° North and the snowsports industry.
Apply online: https://www.ski49n.com/mountain-news/details/employment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org