Website Killington Mountain Resort
Killington/Pico Snow Sports School Training Manager
The primary role of the Killington/Pico Snow Sports School Training Manager is to ensure the delivery of an exceptional and memorable experience to all our guests and students. Through a hands-on, highly interactive approach, the Training Manager will utilize their knowledge, skills and experience in the industry to train and mentor our instructional staff on all levels. A successful training program will include the creation and implementation of a sustained, individualized approach to education and training of the team, with a focus on personal growth and professional development. Integral to the overall success of the school, the Training Manager is tasked with optimizing the on-snow guest experience and providing instructional staff with expert coaching and real-time qualitative feedback.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain meaningful rapport with the entire staff to encourage strong and sustained employee retention.
- Create, facilitate, and manage a Snow Sports School training platform that includes an internal training/ clinic calendar, PSIA/ AASI certification event calendar, PSIA/ AASI training materials, certification standards, and supplemental reference materials. The Training Manager will provide an environment for instructors to discuss, plan, share, and collaborate on professional development.
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive season-long PSIA/AASI certification prep program.
- On-hill observation and assessment of classes relative to staff use of terrain and teaching techniques.
- Oversee and implement Killington/Pico Resort and Snow Sports School safety programs, including presentation, posting of, and tracking of initiatives and staff compliance.
- Utilize contemporary methods, techniques, and technology to engage stakeholders and encourage participation.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile, report, and present training and safety information during Snow Sports and resort management team meetings
- Assists with daily line-ups and lesson allocation as needed.
- Teach both group and private lessons as requested by the Snow Sports School Director and/or Managers.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Zoom, and other communication platforms as needed. Experience with RTP and flaik software programs is a plus.
Education or Formal Training:
- Current PSIA/AASI Level III and Children’s Specialist Level II certifications required.
*PSIA/AASI Divisional Education Staff status preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years teaching snow sports full time or 5+years part time
- Experience in leading staff training clinics
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for snow sports instruction and for encouraging growth within others
- Dedicated to being connected to the industry and advances in teaching methods and equipment
- A demonstrated ability and willingness to learn and adapt; to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be available to commit to a submitted schedule including weekend and holiday shifts and be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Must be willing and able to work in a variety of weather and snow conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to climb or balance. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Assist fallen students in getting up and maintaining balance utilizing proper lifting techniques when assisting students.
- Will be required to walk and balance in wet, icy and uneven footing.
- Ability to perform the duties of this job in all weather conditions.
$875- $1,000/week salary based on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com