Website Powder Mountain
Snow Sports School Training Manager
The Training Manager is responsible for creating and managing the content and quality of training for Powder Mountain’s Ski and Snowboard School. The Training Manager will report to the Director of Sports and Recreation and will work on a dotted line with the Ski School Manager. The Training Manager will help develop, and will be responsible for carrying out, the training goals for the Snowsports school. The Training Manager will also be the primary liaison between Ski and Snowboard School and resort membership programs.
An hour north of Salt Lake City, Powder Mountain is a year-round destination for an ongoing program of events and activities – a home to the emergent culture of creativity and collaboration. Powder Mountain is the largest skiable resort in North America and is preserving its magical skiing experience for generations to come and to save it from over development. We are not just another job, we are a community.
Job Performance Responsibilities
- Deliver outstanding guest service
- Develop and administer training and education for Snowsports Staff
- Evaluate success of training content from multiple views including exam success rate, training participation rate, instructor retention rate and guest service
- Work with Director of Sports and Recreation and Ski School Director to build culture and quality of training for the Snowsports school.
- Help to support and lead daily operations at school locations when needed.
- Connect with PSIA/AASI and USSA/USASA as called for.
- Liaison between membership programs and ski and snowboard school
- Other Duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years’ experience as a ski/snowboard Instructor and/or Trainer
- PSIA/AASI DECL or equivalent
- Exceptional guest and communication skills
- Fluent in English – written and verbal
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills – preferred.
- Supervisory or Management Experience
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate amount of weight (up to 40lbs+)
- Sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, sit and stand for prolonged periods of time and in inclement weather
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis
- Frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movements
Work is primarily performed both in an indoor and an outdoor environment; exposure to noise, dust, mechanical and electrical hazards, and cleaning chemicals. Work is performed outside consisting of extreme temperatures, loud sounds/noises that are distracting, sun and wind exposure, inclement weather (rain, snow, ice), high altitudes (9,000 ft+)
Team Member Benefits and Perks:
- Season Pass (Winter & Bike Park)
- Ski Season Buddy Vouchers
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Company provided Lift Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Mileage Reimbursement (usage of personal vehicle for qualified work)
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement (amount depends on eligibility)
- Winter Season Mountain Discounts
To apply for this job please visit powdermountain.com.