Website Ski Sundown
Snow Sports School Director
Ski Area: Ski Sundown
Location: New Hartford, CT
Type of Job: Full-Time Seasonal
Salary and Benefits: Specific hourly rate depends on experience. This position is eligible for skiing privileges. Several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail/rental, tickets, etc.) also available.
Be a part of the Ski Sundown Snowsports School team this season! We’re looking for someone to manage the supervisors, instructors and administrative personnel of the Snowsports School to provide quality ski and snowboard instruction and superior service to Ski Sundown guests while operating the school at maximum efficiency.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor all children’s and adult lessons and lesson programs for quality and customer satisfaction and recommend and implement changes as appropriate. This includes all walk-in lessons, the weekend children’s program, puffins, after school programs, adult clinics and private lessons.
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, orientation and training of ski and snowboard instructors.
- Select, train and manage ski and snowboard supervisors and administrative personnel.
- Submit annual budget to management and control department expenses to stay within approved budget.
- Schedule supervisors appropriately to assure proper coverage while remaining cost effective.
- Ensure that instructors are scheduled to provide maximum lesson availability.
- Address customer concerns and complaints in a positive, proactive manner and ensure that Ski Sundown’s guests’ needs and expectations are met.
- Develop and maintain positive communication with the Welcome Center and Rental Department personnel. Maintain familiarity with the Welcome Center procedures and coordinate with Welcome Center manager to provide cross training of employees.
- Keep up to date with AASI/PSIA programs, procedures and certification requirements.
- Maintain documentation of Snowsports School policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and complete records utilizing Ski Sundown computer software for employee management, payroll and lesson sales.
- Maintain up to date Snowsports School job descriptions and document reporting structure.
Preferred 5 years experience as a certified AASI/PSIA Level II instructor. Three years supervisory experience. Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
How to Apply:
Application Deadline: 9/1/22
To apply for this job email your details to Ben@SkiSundown.com