Website Berkshire East Mountain Resort
Location: Berkshire East Mountain Resort, Charlemont, MA
Type of Job: Full-time seasonal position
Salary: Hourly compensation based on experience
Oversee overall operation of the Snow Sports School. The Director is responsible for ensuring a high level of hiring and training staff, snow sports product offerings, ensuring quality lessons are provided to clients, risk management, and maintaining profitable division of the company. The Snow Sports Director is responsible for overseeing a great group of dedicated employees and maintaining a welcoming, positive and inclusive environment for both clients and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote a positive interaction and experience with all guests.
- Oversee sales and guest services for snow sports and winter programs.
- Oversee snow sports school and club programs.
- Oversee process for reservations, sales, and guest check in.
- Review web-site pages; snow sports, programs & child center for accuracy.
- Review customer surveys, posts, comments, and make changes as needed.
- Investigate and resolve guest complaints.
- Oversee lost and found process during winter season.
- Facilitate appropriate staff training for snow sports and children center.
- Organize and run ski clinics for instructors throughout the ski season.
- Assure availability and adequate number of instructors for lessons.
- Handle staffing responsibilities: hiring, training, scheduling, and terminating.
- Promote cooperative effort, teamwork and good morale among staff.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Skilled in providing outstanding customer service.
- Specialist knowledge and experience in alpine skiing and/or snowboarding.
- Able to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively.
- Prior experience in outdoor resort industry preferred.
- Competency using computers and reservation software.
- Prior supervisor or manager experience required.
- High energy and stamina required.
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
- Initiative: Generate ideas to improve & take actions to enhance the business.
- Maintain a high level of productivity displaying energy & enthusiasm.
- Perceptive: Identify problems that impact job performance & initiate solutions.
- This is a physically demanding position.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to ski, stand, bend, climb, lift, reach, push and pull repetitively.
- Must be mentally attentive and focused at all times.
- Must be able to adapt to climate and work in extreme weather conditions.
Experience Required: Yes
Education Required: Level 2
Contact Information: Gabe Porter -Henry,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com