Website Mount Brighton
Skier Services Senior Manager
Job Type: Full time, Year Round
Location: Mount Brighton, Brighton, Michigan
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Experience of a Lifetime. More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at Vail Resorts is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
The Skier Services Senior Manager leads Ski & Ride School, Race Department, Retail, Rental, Dispatch, and Scanning staff in providing the highest quality guest service, resort and local information. The Senior Manager complies with all Vail Resorts policies when executing budget and employee management, audit procedure and cash handling. The Senior Manager is responsible for the overall quality of the guest and employee experience at Ski School, Race, Competition Services, Scanning, and Ski Patrol Dispatch/Risk Management.
- Employee Management – Hire, train and schedule staff; set goals and expectations of each position; coach and discipline when needed; conduct mid-season and end-of-season evaluations. Provide on-going feedback and coaching for employees to ensure their success.
- Financial Management – Prepare and monitor budget utilizing daily labor reports and monthly P & L financials. Create staff schedule based on current budget and forecasted skier volumes. Know and understand department budget detail.
- Guest Service – Have high proficiency in Mt. Brighton offerings; resolve guest complaints and inquiries in a timely manner. Anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Utilize Epic Service Solutions in an appropriate manner.
- Appropriately utilize Vail Resorts’ Systems, not limited to PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors, Coupa, The Lift, Concur; immediately report and manage any system errors or faults.
- Effectively coordinate efforts to provide excellent guest service to internal and external departments.
- Innovate – Continually assess department systems and procedures to determine best practices, implement efficiencies and optimize fiscal responsibility.
- Promote and embrace Vail Resorts’ Mission and Values; provide a safe work environment; implement Vail Resorts’ mountain service essentials, strategies, policies and procedures.
- Oversee product development for all Ski & Ride School products, race products, special event products and summer products.
- Oversee race timing for NASTAR, Race Leagues, and special events.
- Oversee Labor/Scheduling of Risk Management Department.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- COMPUTER SKILLS-Proficient in Microsoft Office
- LANGUAGE SKILLS-Fluent in all aspects of English; written and verbal.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS-Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY-Ability to apply common scenes understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- PSIA/AASI Level 3 certification
- Proficient in following software RPOS/GuestConnect, SuccessFactors, Peoplesoft, Coupa, Planful
- Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and high precarious places.
- Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
- Equipment Used in Job: Fax, copier, computer, zebra & boca printers, barcode scanner
- Holidays/Weekends/Evenings: Flexibility to adjust hours to meet department needs.
Other: RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY
- Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Mt. Brighton Resort guests at all times.
- Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of self or others.
- Drive in accordance with the law and Mt. Brighton Resort policies.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years’ experience in managing staff at a supervisory or management level
- High School Diploma, College education preferred
Contact Information: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/
Application Deadline: Open
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.