Website Mt. Hood Meadows
Ski & Snowboard School Supervisor(s)
Location: Mt. Hood Meadows, Mt. Hood, Oregon
Type of Job: Full Time, Hourly, Mid-November to late-April
Wage Range: $18.59 – 22.72; starting wage is 90% to 110% of National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) annual wage survey data with continued wage advancement based on PSIA-AASI Certifications/Accreditations and internal supervisor tier system
Application Deadline: November 15, 2022. Positions will likely fill before then.
About Mt. Hood Meadows – Your Mountain Home
Due to the growth of our “Indy Resort” we have multiple Ski & Snowboard School Supervisor positions open from Daily Lesson Operations to Multi-week Program Lessons Supervisors.
Come work for one of the largest, family owned, independent resorts in the country during one of the longest seasons in North America with 400+ inches of natural annual snowfall. We are Oregon’s largest snowsports school with a staff of 80+ full timers and 300+ part time instructors with both day and night lesson operations, as well as running our own Adaptive Lesson Program. Despite our size we still have a “family vibe” like nowhere else. Our team of 12 supervisors, 2 managers and a director have an overall goal to enrich the lives of our team and guests while teaching skiing and snowboarding.
We are proud of our sustainable operation under the same private ownership since 1968 and we are one of Oregon’s Top 100 companies to work for. All company after-tax profits are reinvested into the resort – we call this the perpetual stoke model with a “team first” approach. Be assured you are part of something very special and unique to Mt. Hood.
Competitive wages that meet or exceed NSAA wage averages, housing support via our Turns for Tenants program helping place employees in local community rental properties, free dependent passes, extremely generous food and retail discounts, discounted Indy Pass access for team members and regional resort exchange program to ski/ride at other resorts for free, plus a whole lot more.
Mt. Hood Meadows is located 35 miles south of world-renowned Hood River, Oregon on the east side of the mountain and 40 miles east of Sandy, Oregon on the west side with multiple employee shuttles running daily not to mention the best terrain and snow on Mt. Hood. Portland, Oregon, the state’s largest city, is also close by for your urban escapes and “big city” services, plus the Oregon Coast is also an easy outing on your days off.
About being a Meadows Learning Center Supervisor
- You’ll work with daily and multi-week lesson operations, communicate with the Guest Services and Rental Center team members with regards to lesson business.
- You will also be responsible for leading daily morning huddles including topics on safety, weather, daily fact sheet, etc.
- You are detail oriented and able to make instructor lesson pre-assignments based on roster and lesson demand ahead of time, as well as coordinate with other MLC supervisors to ensure adequate staffing.
- You also love teaching skiing and snowboarding and are ready, willing, and able to pitch in as needed, and check-in or assist with lessons that are out on the hill.
- You are comfortable working with adult and youth lesson students in a dynamic environment.
- You’re confident in your skiing/riding technical, teaching and people skills to be able to assess instructor skills and make the right lesson assignments based on guest needs.
- You’re friendly, approachable, and passionate about creating a peak day experience for our instructor team and guests.
- You love skiing or snowboarding in all kinds of conditions -we have over 400” of annual snowfall with one of the longest seasons in North America
- Wage match at 90% to 110% of NSAA survey
- Wage advancement via skill development Tier system
- FREE Dependent passes and Buddy Passes for friends
- Generous 401k plan eligibility at 500 hours within calendar year
- Overtime paid at 40 hours
- 70% off Food Discount, 30% off retail
- Great work environment
Make it a season or a career in the snow sports industry at Mt. Hood Meadows. Our seven spoke model of year-round operations will help you find your niche in the industry. In fact, seven of our resort-wide management team started as snowsports instructors!
We are committed to your professional development with twelve (yes 12!) PSIA-NW Divisional Clinic Leaders on our staff. We have a strong training program with daily instructor clinics, new-and-returning on-snow training, scholarships to attend PSIA-AASI events, our home grown “terrain-based learning” as well as ski and snowboard school operations development through multiple touch points within the resort including sales and rental process; RTP and POS training; Leadership training and more.
Apply today to be part of our team!
- List of Ski & Snowboard School Supervisor positions and other current openings at the Mt. Hood Meadows: https://www.skihood.com/en/jobs/current
If you’d like more information about any of these positions or working at Mt. Hood Meadows, please contact Tyler Barnes, Director of the Meadows Learning Center, PSIA-NW Alpine Examiner and Assistant Coach of the PSIA-NW Technical Team via email at
Education Required: High School Diploma / GED
Check the website for current openings.
To apply for this job please visit www.skihood.com.