Mt. Hood Meadows
Ski & Snowboard School Instructor
Location: Mt. Hood Meadows, Mt. Hood, Oregon
Type of Job: Full Time / Part Time, Hourly, Mid-November to late-April
Wage Range: $16.50 – $27.75 DOE / PSIA-AASI Certifications
Application Deadline: November 15, 2022. Positions will likely fill before then.
About Mt. Hood Meadows – Your Mountain Home
Come work for one of the largest, family owned, independent resorts in the country during one of the longest seasons in North America with 400+ inches of natural annual snowfall. We are Oregon’s largest snowsports school with a staff of 80+ full timers and 300+ part time instructors with a strong commitment to professional development and large training budget.
Our resort has both day and night lesson operations, as well as running our own Adaptive Lesson Program. This means we have a work schedule and variety that fits just about everyone.
Despite our size we still have a “family vibe” like nowhere else. Our team of 12 supervisors, 2 managers and a director have an overall goal to enrich the lives of our team and guests while teaching skiing and snowboarding.
We are proud of our sustainable operation under the same private ownership since 1968 and we are one of Oregon’s Top 100 companies to work for. All company after-tax profits are reinvested into the resort – we call this the perpetual stoke model with a “team first” approach. Be assured you are part of something very special and unique to Mt. Hood.
Competitive wages that meet or exceed NSAA wage averages, housing support via our Turns for Tenants program helping place employees in local community rental properties, free dependent passes, extremely generous food and retail discounts, discounted Indy Pass access for team members and regional resort exchange program to ski/ride at other resorts for free, plus a whole lot more.
Mt. Hood Meadows is located 35 miles south of world-renowned Hood River, Oregon on the east side of the mountain and 40 miles east of Sandy, Oregon on the west side with multiple employee shuttles running daily not to mention the best terrain and snow on Mt. Hood. Portland, Oregon, the state’s largest city, is also close by for your urban escapes and “big city” services, plus the Oregon Coast is also an easy outing on your days off.
About being an Instructor at Mt. Hood Meadows
- We have positions for both Part Time and Full Time Instructors
- We welcome both experienced and first-year rookie instructors
- Experienced instructors are current in PSIA-AASI teaching methodologies and best practices regarding People Skills, Teaching Skills and Technical Skills
- You love teaching skiing and/or snowboarding
- You are comfortable working with adult and youth lesson students in a dynamic environment.
- You’re friendly, approachable, and passionate about creating a peak day experience for your co-workers, guests and self.
- You love skiing or snowboarding in all kinds of conditions – we have over 400” of annual snowfall with one of the longest seasons in North America
- Wage match at 90% to 110% of NSAA survey
- Wage advancement via skill development and PSIA-AASI Certification
- 100% PSIA-AASI Membership Dues reimbursement for Full Time instructors
- Generous Scholarship Program for continuing education to attend PSIA-AASI events
- FREE Dependent passes and Buddy Passes for friends
- Generous 401k plan eligibility at 500 hours within calendar year
- Overtime paid at 40 hours
- 70% off Food Discount, 30% off retail
- Great work environment
Make it a season or a career in the snow sports industry at Mt. Hood Meadows. Our seven spoke model of year-round operations will help you find your niche in the industry. In fact, seven of our resort-wide management team started as snowsports instructors!
Apply today to be part of our team!
If you’d like more information about any of these positions or working at Mt. Hood Meadows, please contact Tyler Barnes, Director of the Meadows Learning Center, PSIA-NW Alpine Examiner and Assistant Coach of the PSIA-NW Technical Team via email at
Education Required: High School Diploma / GED
Check the website for current openings.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com