Website Granby Ranch Ski & Ride School
Ski/Snowboard Instructor – PSIA-AASI Level I Certification
Reports To: Ski School Manager
Department: Ski School
Status: Part Time/Full Time Seasonal
Salary: Wage Range $21-$24/ho
- Granby Ranch All Access pass
- Complimentary day-lift passes for friends and family (# varies based on FT/PT status)
- Free skiing at 13 Colorado Ski Resorts through the Real Deal program
- Access to Colorado Ski Country Gold Pass (22 Colorado ski areas)
- Food & Beverage discounts
- Granby Ranch Ski Rental and Tune Shop discounts
- Granby Ranch Outfitters discount
- Gear and Clothing discounts from Outdoor Pro-link, Expert Voice and Shoes for Crews
JOIN US IN THE MOUNTAINS!
At Granby Ranch, you will have a small mountain experience where families, friends and team members connect, live, play and enjoy the natural environment of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Perks of joining our team include affordable employee housing, a season pass for Granby Ranch, free passes to more than 15 Colorado ski areas, in-house discounts in our rental, retail and restaurant outlets, and so much more!
The Ski/Snowboard Instructor (PSIA/AASI 1 Certification) provides Granby Ranch guests with an exceptional learning experience in the skills of Alpine skiing and/or snowboarding standardized with PSIA-AASI Cert 1 progressions. Must have and maintain current PSIA-AASI certification. While this position includes both indoor and outdoor operations, primarily instructors will be outdoors. This position will work directly with guests of all ages (3 and older).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach quality skiing/snowboarding lessons as assigned, following standard PSIA-AASI Cert 1 progressions.
- Attend training clinics as scheduled.
- Report to class line-ups as scheduled and on time.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and standards
- Follow appropriate children’s center procedures.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Assist in fitting rental gear for guests, following industry technical standards.
- Ability to work with children, instructors, and other employees in a team environment.
- Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
- Ability to multitask and shift from inside to outdoor job duties in a timely manner.
- Available to work weekends and peak periods, if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Willingness to learn new instructional methods.
- PSIA-AASI Cert 1 skills to teach skiing and/or snowboarding classes.
- Know how to load and unload a ski lift safely
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- PSIA-AASI Certification 1 required
- Additional PSIA-AASI Certications (Adaptive, Telemark, Children’s Specialist, Freestyle Specialist, etc), preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be physically capable to perform strenuous exercise at 8,000-10,000 feet with variable weather
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Provide own ski/ride equipment, clothing, and accessories necessary for work outdoors in high alpine winter environment.
- Weekend and/or holiday work required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO SHARE OUR VALUES:
- Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
- Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant state of innovation, evolution and adaptation, thoughtfully balanced with a sense of focus and attention to detail.
- Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
- Professionalism & Relatability. We believe that a culture of respect, shared passion, and a sense of community is imperative to success.
How to Apply: Visit http://granbyranch.com/careers