Website Loveland Ski Area
Certified Ski/Snowboard Instructor
Type of Position: Seasonal – FT/PT (Wide variety of flexible PT schedules.)
Schedule: Weekends and holidays required.
Pay Rate: Teaching rate is $21 – $28 /hr. Actual rate varies depending on experience, certifications, and level of schedule commitment (18 days/26 days/2-4 regular days/full-time)
Application Deadline: November 1, 2022
Do you have a passion for teaching? Are you ready to make a difference in someone’s skiing experience by passing on your skills while enjoying the great snowy outdoors?
Provide high quality technique/tactics instruction to all ages of lesson customers, at all skiing levels. Provide instruction and guidance in the use of a variety of lifts and uphill conveyance devices safely and successfully. Every employee is responsible for providing a positive experience for our guests and employees, with safety and fun as our top priorities.
- Teaching and conducting classes and private lessons with safety, fun and learning as the primary goals.
- Provide content introduction, guidance, feedback, practice time and wrap up as outlined in Loveland training materials.
- Assisting students with equipment and helping them get off the snow if they fall.
- Demonstrating specific skiing maneuvers, including loading, and unloading lifts.
- Conducting instructor training clinic classes as assigned.
- When students involve children, must be accountable for managing children.
- Work in a variety of support roles such as, serving kids lunches, maintaining cleanliness of facilities, set up & teardown of teaching areas, fitting boots, skis or snowboards, snow removal, reservation/student check in processes; be willing to perform duties occasionally in other departments like lift operations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to instruct children and adults.
- Must be able and willing to work with all ages of students, kids & adults.
- Must have the ability to verbally communicate, demonstrate and explain concepts clearly to people of all ages.
- Must be patient and nurturing to students.
- PSIA Certification Level 1, 2 or 3 and expected to maintain skills to the current level of certification.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50lbs and perform other physically demanding skills, like standing for extended periods of time in extreme weather conditions and high elevations.
- Must be able to ski at a technical level adequate for the performance of the job duties. Advanced skiing skills.
- Must have basic computer skills to review job assignments.
What’s in it for You?
- This position is eligible for benefits including Voluntary Accident Injury Insurance, Voluntary Hospital Care Insurance and sick leave.
- Free Loveland Employee pass.
- Free or discounted skiing & riding at over 30 other ski areas (restrictions may apply).
- This position provides free ongoing training clinics and professional development in the ski industry.
- Check out the many additional PERKS of being in the Family by clicking here !
The Loveland experience is like no other. We have stayed true to the sport, our guests, and our employees. Our experience is simple and straight forward. Our goal is for everyone to feel at home and to become a member of the Loveland family. Start your day at 10,800 feet, where an average of 422 inches of snow falls annually on 1800 skiable acres – all only 53 miles from Denver! Come join our family, share your passion for safety and the outdoors, and be a part of something special!
Apply now at: Recruitment (adp.com)
For more information, please contact Dan Huston, Ski & Ride School Director – 303 -571-5580 X257
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.