Website Woodward Tahoe
Ski School Manger
Salary and Benefits:
- Free skiing & riding privileges at most POWDR locations.
- Full access to our world class indoor / outdoor facility.
- Friends & Family Discount Passes and Comps.
- Discounts on food, retail, and partners like GoPro, Mammut, Subaru and Verizon.
- Career Development Programs.
- A work culture based on fun and progression.
- Enough free time to enjoy the Woodward lifestyle.
The Ski School Manager is part of the manager leadership team for Boreal Ridge Corporation. This position assists with the Services functions for all Snowsports Operations. The successful candidate will gain and develop experience in ski industry staff management, revenue center management and development. We strive to provide entrepreneurial experiences, services, and products to Boreal, Soda Springs & Woodward Tahoe guests. The Adult Snowsports Manager will help to carry out the annual revenue center plan in conjunction with the company’s strategic plan and the Snowsports/Rental Operations, process and standards. As the Ski School Manager, you will work in unison with Mountain Sports managers to meet operational and company goals. The Adult Snowsports manager is responsible for efficient and effective operation of the Snowsports lesson Programs.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of team member schedules
- Coordinate time clock & schedule management
- Assist in hiring, onboarding, training, and off boarding
- Audit scheduled tasks and paid tasks for accuracy and compliance with department standards
- Adhere to seasonal department manuals, and promote standards and expectations
- Administer employee safety training and compliance documentation
- Provide support for other Mountain Sports managers while off duty
- Responsible for oversight and quality control of all Snowsports operations
- Ensure daily cleanliness and organization of the locker room and children’s Snowsports room
- Assists in selling and fulfilling guests’ orders renting various types of action sports equipment and other products
- Manage lesson pool inventories pre-season and in-season
- Assign lessons to ensure the best possible outcome for guests and team members
- Evaluate, monitor and improve lesson quality on hill
- Step into any sales position, technical role, or coaching role when there is a need or absence
- Monitor department operating supplies and communicate ordering needs to manager
- Observe, assess and communicate operational effectiveness to Mountain Sports Management team
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Level 2 PSIA or the ability to obtain a level 2
- Ability to adapt
- Patience and passion of the outdoors and teaching
- Must be capable of skiing/riding for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings
- Engage proactively in recruiting efforts
- Participate in training programs for instructors and help encourage top level guest service in all aspects of the buisness
- Cultivate a culture of inclusion, endurance, passion, innovation and inspiration
- Partake in team member performance evaluations, coaching, and performance management
- Share guest and market research feedback with team, and incorporate action plans in training to address findings
- Promote instructor certifications and professional development opportunities (PSIA/AASI, USASA)
- Maintain professional communication with the resort leadership team and department heads
- Assist in internal communications strategies
- Carry out department specific annual Employee Engagement action planning
- Promote revenue growth and service improvements
- Monitor operational expenses to align appropriately with any fluctuations in business levels
- Facilitate the promotion of products and services in alignment with annual marketing plan
- Coordinate with other business units to ensure collective efforts towards company-wide initiatives
- Assist other departments as necessary for resort operations, or as part of team member support program
- Audit departmental; activity assignments, comp. products, loss and theft
- Evaluate and make decisions with the best interests of our people, our sports and our business
- Participate, engage and promote “Play Forever” initiatives and ideals
Application Deadline: January 1, 2023
To apply for this job please visit " rel="nofollow">woodwardparkcity.com.