Website Keystone Ski & Ride School
Ski & Ride School Training Manager
- Housing: Available
- Outlet: Keystone
- Shift Availability: Year Round / 10 Month / Full Time
- The budgeted range starts at $56,000 – 65,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Responsible for the creation, administration and quality of the training program for all Keystone Ski & Ride School management and instructor staff. Works with other Resort Departments to implement training and quality controls for employee ski/snowboard safety. Also, coordinates overall efforts for recruiting and hiring staff, particularly instructors. Reports directly to the Director of Skier Services and has a dotted line of responsibility to the Ski and Ride School General Managers.
- Coordinate and administer staff training/education in all disciplines and age groups to assure positive internal and external guest experience. Showcase innovative techniques, service levels and methodology, and incorporate risk awareness and safety at all levels of training.
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of training content and methods from a guest and employee perspective.
- Work with the Ski & Ride School Director and General Managers to guide and facilitate the direction, culture and overall on-snow quality of the Ski & Ride School.
- Maintain contacts with external presenter/trainers and develop/search for new presenters to deliver trainings. Book dates, negotiate fees, arrange venues, handle logistics, A/V, etc.
- Lead the Ski & Ride Trainers. Foster a positive and inclusive training culture within the school
- Work with Vail Resorts Training Best Practice group to drive the direction, culture and quality of training across the enterprise.
- Support and lead daily operations as needed
- Manage Ski & Ride School Training Budget
- Serve as resort liaison to PSIA/AASI and USSA/USASA.
- Oversight all written training materials/tools, i.e. teaching handbooks, online trainings, hiring materials, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education
- Must have 5 years as a ski/snowboard instructor and/or trainer
- PSIA/AASI advanced educator/examiner
- Proficient with computerized systems such as Microsoft Office tools
- Must be fluent (written and verbal) in English
- Exceptional communication skill (written and verbal)
- Good listening skills and good judge of character
- college education
Apply here: www.vailresortscareers.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com