Website Northstar California
Ski & Ride School Training Manager
- Housing: Not available
- Outlet: Northstar
- Schedule & Shift Availability: Year Round / 10 Month / Full Time
Responsible for the creation, administration and quality of the training program for the Northstar Ski & Ride School. Expected to design, publish, and manage the training curriculum, training materials/tools, and calendars. Supports a positive employee culture based in creating and supporting developmentally minded progressive individuals and teams. Support the daily operations during peak seasons or as needs arise. Works with other Vail Resorts peer(s) to manage, facilitate and assure the quality of centralized training between the Schools. This role is a key leadership role within the Ski and Ride School at Northstar, and will contribute to the strategic and operational direction of the leadership team.
- Lead and or coordinate high quality, engaging professional development and certification training/education for all disciplines and programs.
- Lead and coordinate high quality, engaging training that explores how to create an effective learning environment for all age groups and disciplines as outlined above.
- Lead and coordinate quality and engaging training on providing unparalleled guest service and experience.
- Lead and coordinate quality and engaging training on teaching children for both the Children’s and the Adult/Private Lesson Ski and Ride School.
- Lead and coordinate quality and engaging training on technical skills, teaching skills, and people skills in alignment with the PSIA-AASI national standards.
- Create engaging strategies for incorporating risk awareness and safety at all levels of training, including how to coach risk awareness and safety to students.
- Create, lead, coordinate and drive virtual and online training to support the above.
- Assist in the publishing of all written training materials/tools. e.g. teaching handbooks, Private Lesson Guidebook, all hiring materials, etc.
- Design, orchestrate, and facilitate Trainer’s Training.
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of training content and methods from a guest and employee perspective to ensure exceptional guest experience and relevance to established performance criteria.
- Work with Health and Safety to develop and implement safety measures to improve overall safety of instructors and guests, including education and implementation of Safety Business Plans and associated tactics.
- Work with the Skier Services Director, SRS Senior Managers/Managers and Supervisors to guide and facilitate the direction, culture and quality of the Ski & Snowboard Ride School.
- Work with PSIA-AASI on behalf of the School and its employees, including scheduling and hosting exams and clinics, tracking exam passes, and all other aspects of maintaining PSIA-AASI relationship. Maintain contacts with external presenter/trainers and develop/search for new presenters to deliver trainings.
- Oversee Assist with the development and management of Ski and Ride School training budget according to corporate guidelines.
- Collaborate with the hiring team to coordinate hiring and onboarding of instructors.
- Communicate with newly hired instructors to coordinate their pre-season and early-season obligations and to create a culture of belonging in the Northstar Ski and Ride School. Lead new-hire training that is educational, inspiring, and fun for participants and trainers alike
- Help foster positive culture and morale across the School.
- Be a role model for excellence in training, coaching, leading and communicating.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- 5+ years of experience as a ski and/or snowboard instructor & trainer
- PSIA/AASI Clinic leader/examiner or above
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Fluent in written & spoken English
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Strong leadership presence and impact
- Previous supervisory/management experience is preferred
- Public speaking experience
Salary range is $62,400 – $73,600 + annual bonus.
Apply here: vailresortscareers.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com