Website Heavenly Mountain Resort
Ski & Ride School Location Manager
Shift Type: Winter Seasonal 2022/2023
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you’ll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Heavenly Location Manager role leads the designated base location of the Ski and Ride School, and works closely with other SRS Leadership to ensure effective day-to-day and season-long operations with respect to employee and guest safety, exemplary guest service and financial accountability. They will have a detailed overview of their location and how it interconnects with other resort departments.
- Collaborate with the Skier Services Director, Senior Managers, all SRS Leadership and other departments to support and achieve safety, guest-service, and financial targets of the location and the overall Ski & Ride School.
- Be a leader of the SRS Leadership staff, exhibiting strong communication skills and a confident and approachable presence.
- Be actively involved with the development and growth of the supervisory and coaching teams.
- Ensure consistency of supervisor actions, consistency of EOS reviews, adherence to SOP’s, and guest service standards not just in their location but across the entire Ski and Ride School.
- Drive talent/employee development by providing leadership opportunities and demonstrating exceptional coaching, feedback and recording skills in relation to employee on snow observations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support and model the Company’s mission and foundational values.
- Be a champion of safety: Educate staff on SRS Safety Business Plans and other Company safety policies, including SAFARI entries.
- When incidents do occur, comply with processes such as flash report, Enablon, and Incident Reviews.
- Work with the SRS Scheduling specialist to ensure and be accountable for the accurate scheduling of coaches to cover projected business levels and avoid turning guests away due to a lack of staff.
- Ensure timely and accurate (daily) payment of coaches using the digital timecard process.
- Resolve any service issues regarding external and internal guests promptly.
- Develop the Ski and Ride School team through observation of lessons, employee recognition and team building events.
- Ensure supervisors conduct on snow observations and track completion and coach feedback on a weekly basis.
- Monitor the quality of the guest experience on a daily basis and provide constructive feedback to coaches (and other departments when necessary) to help improve performance.
- Monitor the financial performance of the base location and make adjustments as necessary.
- Build positive relationships within the Ski and Ride School and with other departments both on and off the mountain.
- Be proactive working with other departments and set clear expectations with coaches regrading job sharing and other essential resort guest service functions.
- Communicate observations (both positive and negative and solutions if appropriate) to Senior Managers and the Director of Skier Services.
- Model and provide leadership opportunities consistent with Vail Resorts commitment to talent and employee development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to read/write and communicate in English.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience working for a Ski and Ride School.
- A minimum of PSIA-AASI level II certification (preferably level III).
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Proficiency with RPOS.
- The ability to communicate in Spanish.
The budgeted range starts at TBD. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.