Website Loveland Ski & Ride School
Ski & Ride School Leadership/Supervisor
Job Title: Ski & Ride School Leadership/Supervisor (Highly competitive Wage, DOE.)
Type of Position: Seasonal – Full-Time
Schedule: Weekends and holidays required.
Pay Rate: Starts at $23.00/hr. DOE
Application Deadline: November 1, 2022
Do you have a passion for leadership? Are you ready to make a difference in someone’s experience by passing on your skills while enjoying the great snowy outdoors?
Provide high quality leadership/direction/training/support to staff assigned to your area of responsibility. Provide guidance in the use of a variety of lifts and uphill conveyance devices safely and successfully. Assure that every employee is responsible for providing a positive experience for our guests and employees, with safety and fun as our top priorities.
- Work closely with other supervisor staff to assure that instructor staff levels are balanced to meet all program lessons goals with safety, fun and learning as the primary goals.
- Review daily customer reservation levels and staff assignments to assure proper appropriate staffing.
- Work closely with other supervisors and Director to assure proper distribution of staff resources and meeting program financial goals.
- Close communication with instructors assigned to your program to facilitate accurate information on meeting times, locations, job duties & procedures, and length of assignments.
- Provide staff training and guidance in the areas of, content introduction, guidance, feedback, practice time and wrap up as outlined in Loveland training materials.
- Supporting all staff members with any student issues to help meet customer needs.
- Assist in training staff in specific procedures & maneuvers, including loading and unloading lifts and any indoor activities o procedures.
- Conducting instructor training as assigned.
- When students involve children, must be accountable for staff managing children’s indoor & outdoor procedures.
- Work & oversee a variety of support roles as needed to maintaining cleanliness of facilities, set up & teardown of teaching areas, rental operations, snow removal, reservation/student check in processes, serving lunch to kids, and indoor facility staffing and operations; be willing to perform duties occasionally in other departments like lift operations if needed.
- Provide ongoing, formalized lesson/job performance quality feedback or coaching, and end of season evaluations to instructor staff.
- Must have the ability to verbally communicate, demonstrate and explain concepts clearly to people of all ages.
- Must be patient and nurturing to students and staff members.
- Certification Level 1 minimum and expected to maintain skills to the current level of certification. (PSIA Level 2 preferred.)
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50lbs and perform other physically demanding skills, like standing for extended periods of time in extreme weather conditions and high elevations.
- Must be able to ski and/or ride at a technical level adequate for the performance of the job duties. Advanced skiing skills.
- Must have basic computer skills to assign and review job assignments. Training will be provided on Siriusware systems.
What’s in it for You?
- Free Loveland Employee Season Pass.
- Free or discounted skiing & riding at over 30 other ski areas (restrictions may apply).
- Paid Time Off once reached 2800 hours worked.
- This position is eligible for Holiday Bank hours, which will get paid out upon completion of Season.
- Potential end of season bonus!
- This position is eligible for benefits including Voluntary Accident Injury Insurance, Voluntary Hospital Care Insurance, and sick leave.
The Loveland experience is like no other. We have stayed true to the sport, our guests, and our employees. Our experience is simple and straight forward. Our goal is for everyone to feel at home and to become a member of the Loveland family. Start your day at 10,800 feet, where an average of 422 inches of snow falls annually on 1800 skiable acres – all only 53 miles from Denver! Come join our family, share your passion for safety and the outdoors, and be a part of something special!
Apply now at: Recruitment (adp.com)
For more information, please contact Dan Huston, Ski & Ride School Director – 303 -571-5580 X257
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.