Website Arizona Snowbowl
Ski & Ride School Director
Department: Ski & Ride School
Reports to (Title): Resort Services Director
FLSA Classification: Salary (exempt)
Purpose of the position:
As the Ski and Ride School Director, you’ll help create innovative and original programs that consistently push boundaries. You will come to the table with new ideas and decisive plans that bring those ideas to life. The ideal candidate is passionate about teaching people to ski and ride through creating the best learning environment for our guests. You will be a collaborative leader working within your team as well as with other managers around the mountain to create the best product and culture. If you’re a fan of skiing, the outdoors, and can keep cool in a fast-paced and changing environment, then you’ll fit right in. This is a year-round, salaried position with benefits.
- Promote the Snowbowl Culture through example by providing great customer service, challenging yourself and others to be better, and being there for the team.
- Recruit talent to fully staff a 200+ instructor ski school.
- Energetic, creative, and willing to change and adapt as we look to the future.
- Hire, train, schedule, manage, and mentor employees of the Ski & Ride School, with emphasis on safety, and guest service.
- Build a positive working environment for instructors that creates retention and loyalty.
- Manage on-snow processes and programs that provide our guests the freedom to ski, creating long lasting memories.
- Lead administrative functions; hiring, scheduling, training documentation, lesson tracking, and payroll.
- Conduct employee evaluations and other personnel functions.
- Develop policies and procedures as necessary within the department.
- Develop and manage operating labor and expense budgets, capital expenditures, and equipment leases and purchases.
- Ensure all brand standards and values are always maintained.
- Identify, evaluate, recommend, and act upon any potential opportunities that create positive guest experiences and potential revenue.
- Cohesively work with Marketing, Tickets/Guest Services, Rentals, and other departments to develop increasingly effective tools and strategies to grow the business and better serve our guests.
- Establish goals, and work with personnel towards meeting those objectives
- Set a positive and professional example for all employees to follow
- Conduct counseling and disciplinary actions as necessary to ensure compliance with company and operational procedure/policy.
- Handle inquiries and complaints in person, over the phone, and/or email in a professional, competent, courteous, and timely manner.
- Evaluate departmental performance based on staff and customer feedback as well as survey data including but not limited to Guest Research.
- Keep a neat appearance and maintain good personal hygiene
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Willing to dedicate time and patience in developing our next up and coming leaders.
- Organized, sees projects through to completion. Has good follow through.
- Must be dependable and punctual
- During the summer months, this position will assist in the development and growth of summer operations.
- Willingly perform any task outside normal job parameters to help the Arizona Snowbowl meet established goals or standards.
- Ability to accommodate shifting priorities on short notice
- PSIA/AASI ski or snowboard certification – Level II or higher preferred.
- 3 + years of experience in a Ski & Ride School Supervisory role or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with both guests and staff
- Team player and leader
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written in English, additional languages are a plus
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Proficient knowledge of Google Suite software.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with ability to manage work with limited supervision
- Must be able to lift or move heavy objects using appropriate techniques (50+ lbs.)
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in varying weather conditions
- Must be able to work at altitude (9300 – 11,500 feet above sea level)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have a valid US driver’s license.
Travel Required: Minimal. 1 – 2 out of state trips possible to attend industry conference(s) or company gatherings
NOTICE: This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
For more information, or to apply, please either email or apply online at https://www.snowbowl.ski/about/employment/
To apply for this job please visit www.snowbowl.ski.