Website Spirit Mountain
Spirit Mountain Duluth MN
Head over to www.SpiritMountain.com/employment for more info and to apply
Ski/Board instructors are expected to be Punctual, Professional, & Positive. Instructors are a very visible part of Spirit Mountain, so it is imperative that they conduct themselves in such a manner to create a positive image for Spirit Mountain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instructs groups and /or individuals in a fun lesson format
- Teaches proper technique appropriate to the ability level of those being instructed
- Promotes safety and gives students the knowledge to remain safe when they leave lessons to ski/ride on their own
- Participates in clinics and free-skiing to constantly improve personal skiing skills
- Attends PSIA and AASI clinics, and takes appropriate exams, on an ongoing basis
- Pre-season clinics required
- Greet guests and direct guests to proper lesson locations
- Must successfully complete instructor training
NOTE: All Snow Sport Instructors are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Patience, and a love of the outdoors and teaching
PSIA certification I, II, III.
Physical and Mental Demands: Must be capable of skiing/riding for prolonged periods of time (2+ hours at a time) to teach lessons. Dealing with demanding customers can be stressful.
Work Environment: Work is performed both outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, as well as indoors. Indoor time is spent meeting and greeting, and extensive time with children.
To apply for this job please visit www.SpiritMountain.com.