Website Stevens Pass
Ski and Snowboard School Manager
Job Type: Year Round, 10 month
Location: Stevens Pass, Skykomish, Washington
Join our family at Stevens Pass. Nestled at the crest of the Cascade Mountains sits one of the countries ‘original’ resorts. Don’t let our rugged terrain and abundant snowfall fool you, our guests constantly comment on the welcoming and friendly nature of our resort and our passionate and hardworking staff – a team that you could both enjoy and lead. Our mountain is steeped in pitch and rich PNW heritage. Got grit? Come be part of our thriving mountain community and find your next level at Steven Pass.
The Manager will lead and continue to develop all aspects of Adult and Private Lesson operations within the Ski and Snowboard School (SSBS) at Stevens Pass. This role represents a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a career step opportunity and to contribute to our school’s goal to “be known as the leader in snow sports instruction in the PNW”.
The scope of this role is large and varied, and includes responsibilities around the daily operational processes specific to Adult and Private Lessons and our conveyor lifts. Success is defined by consistency and quality of performance across key areas; safety, employee engagement, guest experience and business development. This role plays a significant part in influencing the guest experience for thousands of guests each season especially those new to the sport.
- Successfully coach, motivate and develop a high performing leadership team.
- Maintain an employee culture of inclusivity and excellence that will result in a safe, positive and engaging work environment for all.
- Oversee all aspects of Adult Group and Private Lesson operations, ongoing product development and the guest experience.
- Accountable for the accurate entry of schedules and payroll and timely communication to staff.
- Financial accountability for revenue and expenses within two primary lines of business.
- Assist the Training Team in devising and implementing the training plan for all employees
- Build cross-department relationships to gain knowledge and influence at each step of the guest’s purchase path and experience trail
- Develop leadership and technical skill set by taking advantage of educational and training opportunities.
- Become an active and collaborative participant in company best practice groups and resort leadership team settings.
- Manage annual safety plan to reduce employee incidents and create a strong safety culture across departments.
- Oversee and manage all assigned companywide trainings and courses to insure 100% completion by assigned employees.
- Serve as a Manager on Duty in the absence of the Director of Skier Services.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world’s 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- PSIA/AASI level 2 certification (or equivalent).
- Component user of ResortPOS, including Ski School Tools, ResortPOS Report Shell, and Customer Manager.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications and in adapting to unfamiliar software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a high paced, variable, multi-faceted environment with the ability to multi-task.
- Employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory background screening.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, weekdays & holidays during resort operations.
- Minimum 3 years proven leadership experience in SSBS or closely related field.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- PSIA/AASI Level 3 certification or equivalent.
- Experience with RPOS or RTP staff management software.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education or a related field.
- Previous Vail Resorts SSBS Product Manager or greater management experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Contact Information: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/
Application Deadline: Open
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.