Website Park City Mountain
Ski and Snowboard School Location Manager
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you’ll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Housing: Not Available
- Outlet: Park City
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time / Year Round 10 Month
The Ski and Snowboard School Location Manager will lead the operations for Children or Adult products at a specific base location. The scope of this role is large and varied. This position includes responsibilities around the daily, seasonal and yearly operational processes within the school. This position requires a disciplined focus on quality control, guest relations, sales generation, staff performance development, financial responsibility, communication, teamwork, administrative duties and self-development. All of these elements contributing in a significant way to the overall quality of the guest and employee experience at the specific location of the school.
This position will work with the General Managers, Business Manager, Training Manager, and Supervisors to ensure all payroll, workers compensation, incident reports, staffing levels, inventory levels, disciplinary procedures, hiring and separating procedures and all other administrative functions specific to their area of operation are managed efficiently and timely. This leadership position is integral to the success of the Ski and Snowboard School at Park City, the largest mountain resort in the USA. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coach, motivate, retain and develop an industry leading Ski and Snowboard School management team. Ensure management team is aligned with the goals and values of Park City Mountain and Vail Resorts.
- Assure that their supervisor team coach and counsel instructors and support staff at their assigned location, complete direct report performance appraisals and identify maintenance needs of base areas and on hill facilities
- Create and/or maintain a one resort culture of excellence within the specific location. This culture includes teamwork, collaboration, progressive thinking, and constant improvement resulting in an employee culture that attracts the best and brightest employees and motivates them to accomplish great work.
- Meet or exceed all goals for Guest Satisfaction and Employee Engagement.
- Manage program issues relating to instructor pay, guest complaints, and system efficiency. This person will contribute to the management of growth and expense of programs, and will oversee daily instructor line-up.
- Ensure a consistently high level of service at their location.
- Demonstrate a high level of performance around the Vail Resorts Leadership competencies.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to provide industry leading guest experiences specific to ski and snowboard school products and programs.
- Proactively develop management and industry skill set by seeking out and taking advantage of educational and training opportunities.
- 3 or more years leadership and/or management experience
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications
- Component user of ResortPOS, including Ski School Tools, ResortPOS Report Shell, and Customer Manager.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Basic accounting and finance skills
- PSIA-AASI Level III certification or equivalent
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Previous Vail Resorts Ski and Snowboard School leadership and/or management experience
- ResortPOS, PeopleSoft HR, Success Factors
The budgeted range starts at $56,300 – $67,600 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.